Inverter Idle voltage

Rikadoo

So i have been noticing my inverter idle voltage when running on batteries gets so low my gfi trips, my batteries are at 12.5 v. Now if i turn on my microwave voltage goes to 118 however as soon as the microwave shuts off it goes back to low voltage. Is there any changes i can do to increase this voltage?IMG_6251.thumb.png.97355e27c933d7564c64ae477fefd890.png

Don't know if your inverter / charger is MSW, but if so, most voltage meters can't read a MSW properly, and read low.

Mine does the same. Usually shows about 99V with little load, and will climb higher with a decent load.

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to Inverter Idle voltage

@Rikadoo,

Your current inverter output is square waves (not sinusoidal) so your voltage measurements are not accurate.  Also, lead acid batteries substantially drop their voltage under heavy load which is also normal and expected.  

I'm surprised nobody is questioning the health of your house batteries! 

Check the condition of your house batteries and when it's time to replace them probably you u might want to consider lithium iron phosphate LiFePo.  When everybody wants top shelf they go with BattleBorn but there are plenty of less expensive batteries that I've seen installed or heard of people installing and nobody has any complaints.

46 minutes ago, TomV48 said:

I'm surprised nobody is questioning the health of your house batteries! 

Mainly because if he is reading voltage from a MSW output, his voltage reading will be low whether his batteries are 15yrs old, or 1 day old.

11 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

So just reading over the replys, theres nothing i can do, no setting i can change, other than drag out some “moola rands “ ($$$) an get some thing different🤦‍♂️ 

Not really.

I don't think your GFCI tripping is related to you seeing a low voltage reading while on inverter power. It's a false reading.

I stopped running my microwave on MSW inverter power long ago because I didn't like the sounds coming from it, otherwise, I run most everything else.