New “Electrical” Sub-Forums

Hello,

In our “continuous improvement” efforts for the website, and in order to make things easier to find, we have created new sub-forums for frequently discussed items under the Electrical section of the site:

- Lighting - all things interior and exterior lighting for coaches

- Inverters - all things about inverters

Over the next few days we will try to move existing discussions to the appropriate sub-forum.

Hope this helps!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Rik.  I understand that change makes it more difficult, but I’ve seen a number of posts specific to those topics.  I’m hoping longer-term it makes it easier to find content specific to those topics, not harder. 😁

This will be a great help, but I don't know how you are going to go back through all the threads for 15+ years and identify which ones needs moving.  This is especially true for thread whose topic (subject) does not match the thread content, where multiple topics (solar panels, solar chargers, inverters, alternator charging vs inverter/charger), or where other posters have "hijacked" the thread, unintentionally,and the thread no longer matches the topic.  If you have access to a software tool (AI) then it might not be as daunting.  

But for future topics, I think it will be beneficial.  

-Rick N.

YOU snitched on yourself 

Search requires a little “brain power”.  NOW AI could be used.  But Fred or Jethro or whomever the Amazon “AI BOT” is….needs remedial work.

A new Gasket was needed for an Older Hamilton Beach blender.  Call it Model MC123.  The AI bot says.  Fits perfectly.  Excellent choice for MC123.

ok….lets then select the old fashioned one below.

There was 13 reviews that said….will NOT fit MC123.  But since the model was specifically called out and was the most common PN, Jethro said it was GREAT…based on the number of reciews with that specific Medel….Nevermind that they were NOT…

OK…search is usually pretty good.  One just has to try some key words….for example….need advice on the plug that you plug in.  One must then use 50A Plug ot 50A shore or cable and …..  sometimes members are not familiar with what the WHAT CHA MA CALLIT is.

BEST THING.  Go to the manual and see what Monaco called it.  Read up on it there…..PRIOR to starting a new topic.  Click on EVERYWHERE and select TOPICS.  Files are for the parts list, wiring diagrams or “how to”.

• Like 1