Monaco(ers) @ Quartzsite?

Yes there is. It’s at Laposa South. Coordinates will be posted later or can be found on the IRV2 forum. It’s the same place every year.  Usually people start showing up the week before the show starts in January but some come even earlier. We’ve had as many as 65 coaches but usually the group is smaller. Lots of nice people and a lot of fun. You are more than welcome to join in. Just show up ( and bring cookies and firewood!).

• Like 1

There is a great group of guys that are members here and also on IRV2 that meet every year in Quartzsite.   It's more of an IRV2 thing, but it would get great if it was promoted here as well. 

Someone can correct me, but  before covid, I think we had 60+ coaches.   It's very informal and there is no registration or sign up sheet.   It's dry camping.  BLM land and it's $40 for 2 weeks stay.

You, and others, would be most welcomed!!

Edit,   Roy and Ben beat me to it.

Edited by windsorbill06
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you’ll get me the info, I’m happy to add it to the events calendar and promote it on here. We view IRV2 as a “complimentary” site, not a competitor. If the information is on there, feel free to post a link to it here.  

• Like 2

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to Monaco(ers) @ Quartzsite?

I am already working on DW and she seems cool with it.    I will be eager to see the post.  Gives me a reason get back active on IRV2.  I think on there I am just Tom 48.

Quartzsite RV show dates are January 18-26, 2025.  Many of us get there before the show starts.  Some show up during the above dates.  A few show up after the show. 

Historically, this has been the IRV2 site, but nearly all the RV's are members here too.    All Monaco owners are welcome (HR, Beaver, Safari, etc,  DP's and gassers)  If you have a friend with SOB, they are welcome too!

Directions to the Monaco group in Quartzsite. 

The 10 freeway goes east/west right through Quartzsite in Western Arizona.  The 95 cuts through QZ north/south.

From QZ, take the 95 South.  There is a signal just south of the 10 freeway.  This is where the big RV show and flea market is.  From this point travel 2.3 miles and you'll see a sign "La Posa SOUTH" camping area.  Turn LEFT and pay your BLM fee at the office/kiosk (was $40 cash only  for 2 weeks last year).  After that, proceed about 1/2 mile and look for the Monaco's in a circle on your RIGHT.  This is dry camping--no hookups of any kind.  Generators are fine.

There is no registration, and no fees besides what BLM charges.    There is trash, dump and water about 1/2 mile past our group gathering.

To add to what Bill says, La Posa south also has a dump site, fresh water fill and trash dumpsters. Recommend showing up with MT tanks and full water, also water and dump stations in town. Great people and always fun.

There are MANY Monaco related groups that gather at Quartzsite.  The iRV2 is likely the largest.  There are many smaller groups too.  

I think the second-largest group, and possibly the largest if you count the number of coaches that come and go is the original Monacoers Get-Together, which is no longer an official Monacoers function.  Per the request of the Monacoers owner, we now call this the Monaco Owners Get-Together.  This group has been meeting since the late 1990's is still meeting at what some old-timers might remember as the Lew Andersen "Crash & Burn" site.  This is north of town, in the Plomosa Road BLM Camping Area, east of Hwy 95 on Plomosa Road.  This is a FREE 14-day stay area, but there is no water or dump.  This was originally a Monaco's coach brand group, but, as most all other groups, has been opened up to any manufacturer and type rig.  Most are still Monacos, and we are also recruiting many form the Monaco Owners FaceBook Page.  

As mentioned, the Quartzsite BIG RV Show runs from Jan 18 - 26.  Most of us will be there sometime during that time.  Some arrive before Christmas, and some stay well into Feb. 

This is not a structured gathering - there are no formal seminars, but a lot of help, guidance, troubleshooting, and even repairs occurs.  When not doing that, and besides the Show, many of us have 4X4 or ATV/UTV and we like to ride the trails.  We have some with trail knowledge dating back almost 25 years.  You don't have to have an Off-Road vehicle, there is always room.  We also seem to be able to put on several impromptu dinners too.  Again, all informal.

I'l be putting something more formal together in a couple months, but this should be a good teaser, and I'll answer respond to questions as best as I can.

-Rick N.

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2024 at 1:07 PM, waterskier_1 said:

There are MANY Monaco related groups that gather at Quartzsite.  The iRV2 is likely the largest.  There are many smaller groups too.  

I think the second-largest group, and possibly the largest if you count the number of coaches that come and go is the original Monacoers Get-Together, which is no longer an official Monacoers function.  Per the request of the Monacoers owner, we now call this the Monaco Owners Get-Together.  This group has been meeting since the late 1990's is still meeting at what some old-timers might remember as the Lew Andersen "Crash & Burn" site.  This is north of town, in the Plomosa Road BLM Camping Area, east of Hwy 95 on Plomosa Road.  This is a FREE 14-day stay area, but there is no water or dump.  This was originally a Monaco's coach brand group, but, as most all other groups, has been opened up to any manufacturer and type rig.  Most are still Monacos, and we are also recruiting many form the Monaco Owners FaceBook Page.  

As mentioned, the Quartzsite BIG RV Show runs from Jan 18 - 26.  Most of us will be there sometime during that time.  Some arrive before Christmas, and some stay well into Feb. 

This is not a structured gathering - there are no formal seminars, but a lot of help, guidance, troubleshooting, and even repairs occurs.  When not doing that, and besides the Show, many of us have 4X4 or ATV/UTV and we like to ride the trails.  We have some with trail knowledge dating back almost 25 years.  You don't have to have an Off-Road vehicle, there is always room.  We also seem to be able to put on several impromptu dinners too.  Again, all informal.

I'l be putting something more formal together in a couple months, but this should be a good teaser, and I'll answer respond to questions as best as I can.

-Rick N.

Unless something unexpected comes up, we'll see you there again in January Rick.