Replacing Small Spring on French Door Flap - RF197

Dr4Film

Well after hundreds if not thousands of repetitions of opening and closing the French doors on my RF197, the door flap spring finally broke.

I ordered a package of two with sleeves from Amazon, less than $10.  French Door Refrigerator Spring For Samsung DA81-01345B, White Sleeves Pin French Spring RD DA81-01346A

Here is a YouTube Video on how to replace it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHNxobyHdpo

Samsung Fridge Door Flap Spring-1.jpg

Samsung Fridge Door Spring-2.jpg

Samsung Fridge French Door Spring.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great.

@Frank McElroy   Might be a good candidate for the parts list as popular as the Samsungs are for upgrades.

Thanks for the post.

@Frank McElroy While you are updating the parts list, the white hinge part can be replaced by Samsung Hinge OEM DA61-03230B. It is a different part number than the one for the fridge, but works.

DA61-03230B Refrigerator French Door Hinge Genuine OEM https://a.co/d/23bk6Jo

I haven’t installed mine because I 3D printed one to install before I received the part, and the 3D printed part is still in there.

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

• 2 weeks later...

@tmw188 I had the RF197 installed in the Windsor in April 2012 with a MSW Inverter. That combination is still working today for the new owner who took ownership in April 2022.

The 2006 Monaco Dynasty Countess III we purchased in February 2022 came with a RF-197 and a new Magnum PSW Inverter. Don't know when the fridge was installed but since it is a RF197 it had to be a long time ago. The PSW Inverter was installed just prior to our purchase.