No turn signals or hazard flashers

Twomed

OK  I have searched.  I have read prints until my eyes are falling out...  Hate to be a part changer but with 168K miles on the Dyn I don't feel bad with what I replaced because easier now than on a a trip.  ALL bulbs are good Brake lights, parking lights work.   Have tried three different flashers one the same Grote and a heavy duty truck flasher from NAPA no joy.  Replaced the crappy loose scocket that has held the flasher with a tie wrap for 14 years.  Replaced the turn signal switch  cleaned the shaft real good for contact.  Headlight switch has always been a bit wonky so replaced that too.  Fuses all good with meter.  Power at the flasher and when I ground the other terminal it does click. 

Seems like a ground somewhere in the circuit.  In my mind it seems like @Frank McElroy had a discussion about the 10 board in FRB being the cause for this issue, but I could not pull it up ???

All help welcome I have to transport an elderly relative to Indiana leaving Wednesday from FLA...  I am not afraid to wire around, jump whatever to make this thing work, just not sure with the boards which way the 12v is going to the switch or ground to make the circuit.

Thanks

This is my FRB...this coach was a special order and probably one of the early Intellitec wired ones to be built.  The board in the middle with the Purple relay is shown as blank in the wiring book.  May be part of the problem??

Thanks

FRB Pic.jpg

13 hours ago, Twomed said:

OK  I have searched.  I have read prints until my eyes are falling out...  Hate to be a part changer but with 168K miles on the Dyn I don't feel bad with what I replaced because easier now than on a a trip.  ALL bulbs are good Brake lights, parking lights work.   Have tried three different flashers one the same Grote and a heavy duty truck flasher from NAPA no joy.  Replaced the crappy loose scocket that has held the flasher with a tie wrap for 14 years.  Replaced the turn signal switch  cleaned the shaft real good for contact.  Headlight switch has always been a bit wonky so replaced that too.  Fuses all good with meter.  Power at the flasher and when I ground the other terminal it does click. 

Seems like a ground somewhere in the circuit.  In my mind it seems like @Frank McElroy had a discussion about the 10 board in FRB being the cause for this issue, but I could not pull it up ???

All help welcome I have to transport an elderly relative to Indiana leaving Wednesday from FLA...  I am not afraid to wire around, jump whatever to make this thing work, just not sure with the boards which way the 12v is going to the switch or ground to make the circuit.

Thanks

@Frank McElroy will chime in, I suspect.  Go back to your circuit drawings.  Where is the power from to the flasher….chase that.  Turn ON the turn signal or push the emergency flasher…..do you have voltage there.  Check the grounds.

Many times, there is corrossion in the large multipin connectors in the front run bay.  Pulling apart….checking for corrosion as well as looking at them to make sure each of the mating pins are pushed in….do this from the back of each plug.  Use a small screwdriver and gently push on the pin.  Sometimes they were not seated and locked into place….push and SEAT…a common issue.  Bulb grease is recommended on the pins if corrosion.

Past that.  I’d pull the black steering column shroud.  There are multiple small loom (few wires) mating connectors. One is the headlight dimmer.  The other is the turn signal and emergency flasher.  Snap apart.  Inspect….reseat.  These are points of failure before….

1 hour ago, Tom Cherry said:

@Frank McElroy will chime in, I suspect.  Go back to your circuit drawings.  Where is the power from to the flasher….chase that.  Turn ON the turn signal or push the emergency flasher…..do you have voltage there.  Check the grounds.

Many times, there is corrossion in the large multipin connectors in the front run bay.  Pulling apart….checking for corrosion as well as looking at them to make sure each of the mating pins are pushed in….do this from the back of each plug.  Use a small screwdriver and gently push on the pin.  Sometimes they were not seated and locked into place….push and SEAT…a common issue.  Bulb grease is recommended on the pins if corrosion.

Past that.  I’d pull the black steering column shroud.  There are multiple small loom (few wires) mating connectors. One is the headlight dimmer.  The other is the turn signal and emergency flasher.  Snap apart.  Inspect….reseat.  These are points of failure before….

If all lights work except for the turn signals, and you are getting power to the turn signal switch, start with column connector M10 and see if you are getting power through that connector.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Twomed said:

Thanks to Frank McElroy for a great phone consult I believe we may have it solved...will know for  sure tomorrow.  🥇

Bad connection in some inaccessible place.  Jumped a new power source from the driver side panel (inside) flasher in line under dash.   Wire #71 out of the M10 is the power feed to the column switch that provides 12v to hazards and turn signals. 

All is well and will be on the road in the a.m.

Again thanks to Frank for the time we spent once again conquering the Engs of Monaco.

1 hour ago, Twomed said:

Bad connection in some inaccessible place.  Jumped a new power source from the driver side panel (inside) flasher in line under dash.   Wire #71 out of the M10 is the power feed to the column switch that provides 12v to hazards and turn signals. 

All is well and will be on the road in the a.m.

Again thanks to Frank for the time we spent once again conquering the Engs of Monaco.

Glad I was able to help.  Power feed to the turn signal / 4 way switch from the flasher is on both wires 71 and 294.  Great to hear that you were able to bypass the broken wire to fix the problem.