rear camera mount on 2004 Diplomat

I am replacing the factory rear camera on a 2004 Diplomat mounted into the moulded fiberglass into the rear cap  shooting strait down.  The new rear camera bought on amazon has a flat bracket,all the wiring is all done and works great with the new monitors and side cameras, but i am curious what others have done as far as mounting on the rear camera on the  original mount. I have some ideas to fabricate a cover to mount a bracket where the old camera lens mounted, but would like to see pictures of what others have done.

Edited by overworked tech
did not proof read

I did this last Winter while in Texas. I made a drawing of a metal plate that fit the camera and allowed using the original screw holes on the back of my Dynasty. They made it out of aluminum that was think enough to not flex. I paid $50 for the part. Running the new cable is not fun. However, on my Monaco there is a pipe that runs from in front of the drive axle to a point in the front of the RV, specifically there as a wireway. I pulled the new wire through with the old one. It is a good idea to pull some strong string through that wireway as well for any possible future need.

I left the old camera and Sony monitor in place and added a second wireless camera high up on the rear cap.  Some people wire their camera to a marker light for power but that means running lights any time the coach is running.  I isolated the audio wires in the Sony cable to supply +12V to the camera.  Now I see the trailer hitch for hooking up and far behind for lane changes and backing (mostly rely on mirrors). 

- bob

• Like 1