Mystery abandoned antenna. Ideas or information on what it may have been?

2002 monaco 45 sig series - below is a photo of what looks like an old antenna, I have a leak just under it in my cabinet.  Question is can I just get ride of this all together?  Not sure if it is used for anything else except the radio?  please advice.

Also I mentioned in a previous post that my generator turns on by itself randomly and was given suggestions what to do but each time I noticed it coming on my house batteries were extremely low.  With my coach being older could there be a way the generator is coming on because of low voltage like newer coaches?  

Thanks in advance,

Keith 

20240823_155902.jpg

I had the same generator auto start in my stock inverter. It drove me crazy once in the summertime because it kept shutting down the generator when the batteries got up to the state of charge setting I had in it even though I was trying to run the AC units. It took me a while to figure out what the heck was going on as I thought I had a generator problem. But it was just self induced.

• Haha 2

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Mystery abandoned antenna. Ideas or information on what it may have been?

Monaco pre-wired, including the Antenna the Executive and Signature  for the ON-SAT Emergency System. That antenna was part of the system. I will bet you if you look up under the dash around the left side of the steering wheel you will find the Co-ax Cable coiled up if it had not been removed by the previous owner.

the antenna has nothing to do with the Auto Gen Start.

You can get rid of the antenna.