Replaced Radio now br spekers only

Go to solution Solved by Rheine,

08 Dip

Hi all. I finally replaced my dash radio with a sound storms lab unit. Love it but all I get is the bedroom speakers. Fade and balnce donWiring on 4 channel stereos is pretty simple. I rechecked all the color cods and connections  It mightt be some control in the coach to direct sound. I tried running a  tone trace to one of the dead speakers but nothing.

I assume the radio is OK.  I never did use the old radio so it could be a connector in the dash or a sound control switch. I rechecked all t helphe. the color codes and soldered connections. Strumpet.

R

It could be like my coach all the speakers were dry rotted some worked but scratchy. I replaced all the speakers. Can't remember what brand but ordered from Crutchfield.com Great place and reasonable.

Cliff

I tried running a  tone trace to one of the dead speakers but nothing.

It sounds like you answered your own question.  There is either a switch or the wires are disconnected going to the front speakers.  Did you try turning off the bedroom speakers and see if that does anything for the front speakers?

Look on P117 of your owners manual.  There is a home theater switch that sends sound only to the bedroom or dash. 

Rich - my '08 Knight has a switch in the front overhead cabinet drivers side. One position for "Dash Radio" and the other for "Surround".  It in turn controls something, but my memory is too old and fuzzy to remember what, where, or how.  You may want to check your wiring diagram to see if yours is the same.  And then the fun of trying to locate it all.  Not saying that's your problem, but maybe a next step. 

(What I would like is a second switch to select either bedroom, front, or both.  Maybe someday I'll have everything fixed and get to doing that!  Yeah, right!!) 

Keep us posted on your progress.  And good luck.  - Steve

• Solution

I just want to say OMG or maybe WTH,   I suppose I would have found the switch sooner or later. Based on the wiring diagram suggestion and SteveP's  idea to look in the cupboard it's a case closed.  Thank you all again. 

IMG_1085.jpg

• Like 2

FWIW....  On later Monaco's, there was a MEGA speaker switch.  I know....a friend drilled a hole (with a HOLE SAW) in his.  The way it works....  The Radio sends out a SIGNAL.  it is actually the POWER ANTENNA signal.  That CLOSES the Switch.  The FRONT speakers are THEN connected to the Radio.  When that solenoid or switch is NORMALLY CLOSED....the Home Entertainment system's speaker are CONNECTED.  Many do NOT know it exists.

Your MH, it appears, has a MANUAL switch.  SO, you have to have it in the correct MODE  RADIO or HOME ENTERTAINMENT CENTER (HEC).

NOW....again...FWIW.  There are, on SOME....don't try to ask me the models, a REAR BEDROOM Speaker Switch.  You push it on the TOP...you have speakers in the Bedroom.  You have to ADJUST the Balance (that is FRONT TO REAR) not like a stereo left to right BALANCE).  You can then turn OFF the front speakers...and the rears get FULL POWER or run in the middle and you have music both places.

I did NOT know there was a MANUAL switch for the Dash Radio or HEC system.  Learn something NEW every day. I can tell you... DO NOT DRILL a hole in the expensive Speaker switch.. It was $150 in 2009...

Thanks for the post....

• Like 1