Power Gear leveling jacks question?

Here's my first post and question. My 2006 Monarch SE 30' has Power Gear leveling jacks. The Monaco manual has the procedure for auto leveling then once level how to manually level but it will only raise, not lower. But is there a way to override auto leveling and operate each jack manually? Especially to raise one jack? Or to lower one jack?

While leveling at my cabin what needs to happen is only the front jacks raise the front a few inches and the rears to just stabilize. What is happening is the system is raising one side too much then raises the other side to compensate until it runs out of travel. I'm used to HWH airbag suspension leveling where I can adjust each side individually. Thanks for any tips.

My coach has the same leveling system.
Leveling Rule #1: never raise the rear driving wheels off the ground as the parking brake works only on the driving wheels. 
The problem with the auto level is, it does not know about Rule #1 and will raise the driving wheels off the ground. 
I stopped using the auto level a number of years ago and only use the manual leveling. Far more control, in my opinion. 
We use a golf or rubber ball on the kitchen floor as the leveling guide. To further assist, I added 2 levels (one shows side-2-side and the other front -2-back as a visual for the driver, i.e. me). These help me to determine how unlevel the coach is and if needed, I drive the coach onto 2” boards under as many wheels as needed. 
If you raise the coach too much, there is only the Retract button to use and start over. If you pres and release, it should not retract the jacks all the way. The leveling extends 2 front or 2 rear jacks while the side buttons will adjust the level side to side. 

This is my method and you will need to experiment with your coach to find what works best for you. 

When we first got our 96 HR Endeavor back in 99 I leveled it till the rear wheels started to leave the ground. But my system compensated by punching the jacks completely through the asphalt pavement.  Getting the jacks out of the holes they made was very difficult.  I now prefer an air leveling system.

Martinvz how do you use the manual leveling? On my '06 I can only get manual to work after auto does its thing. Problem is is too high then. I'd like to use manual only if I can figure that out. I'll try tomorrow to just press and release the retract button. On my Newell and Foretravel with air suspension I only used manual.

BTW is it best to extend the slide before leveling or after? 

Thanks!

Forest - does your owners manual explain the use of the manual mode?  If not, I can only tell you what my '08 says.  After the system powers on, instead of pressing Auto, press Manual for about 5 seconds give or take, and a small light will light below the button to advise you that you have succeeded.  You can then use each jack independently to get the coach as level as possible (mine has 3 jacks and 4 control buttons: front, left, & right buttons, plus a "rear" button).

Note: I will usually drop most all the pressure in my airbags and system using the brake or the pressure release switch (after setting the parking brake!).  I don't know if that's in my owners manual or if the PO previous owner suggested it. It seems to allow me to be level and more stable without the jacks being extended so far.

As far as slide extension before or after leveling, let your owners manual be your guide.  I personally level first with the jacks, then extend my 3 slides, in a particular order (I have a full-wall slide on the driver side).  I've not had to re-level after slide extension.  I also retract slides before pulling up jacks.

Another tip: Snap Pads are well worth the money (search here or Google or Amazon).  I used to put 12x12x1.5 inches of plywood under each jack at every stop.  Now I only use those as needed for extreme unlevel sites.

As they say, YMMV (your mileage may vary).  Do whatever you manual says first and foremost. 

Happy motorhoming - Steve

We usually level first and then extend the slides as we do not have airbags. For the higher end coaches with air bags the slides need to ge extended first.

Forest, as was described above, turn the leveling on and then hold the Manual button for a few seconds until the light below the button turns on.