Daily Newsletter! Too much, too much, too much!

The “Monacoers Daily Newsletter” has gotten out of hand. Far too many items. Takes too much time to see if there is anything of interest. I suggest rather than a link to each response to a topic only one link to a topic that has a new response that day.

Also, when on the forum website in the General Discussion area it describes what should be posted there. The line “For discussion of things “Non-Motorhome”, please use the “Non-Motorhome General Discussion” Topic.” is included. Where is that area? I would have posted this there but can’t find it.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ed,

I've sent you a test version of the "Digest" that doesn't contain the Index or all of the text.  Let me know what you think.  I haven't published it yet because it's not where I want it to be, but your post makes me think some may prefer it to the full version, which has indeed gotten quite lengthy and hard to read.  

The "Non-Motorhome General Discussion" section was removed.  I've updated the description of the "General Discussion"

• Like 2

On 8/26/2024 at 8:40 AM, saflyer said:

The “Monacoers Daily Newsletter” has gotten out of hand. Far too many items. Takes too much time to see if there is anything of interest. I suggest rather than a link to each response to a topic only one link to a topic that has a new response that day.

Also, when on the forum website in the General Discussion area it describes what should be posted there. The line “For discussion of things “Non-Motorhome”, please use the “Non-Motorhome General Discussion” Topic.” is included. Where is that area? I would have posted this there but can’t find it.

Thanks

I second that idea.  Shorten up the newsletter to one link per topic with new posts. 👍

• Like 1

I don’t disagree, but if I knew how to do that I would have done it a long time ago. The programmer who wrote the software is unwilling or unable to do it.  I’ve reached out and offered to pay their going rate to rewrite the software to do that and they declined.  

• Thanks 2

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Daily Newsletter! Too much, too much, too much!

Is there even a way to unsubscribe from the emails? I tried few times since I find it easier to just go to the forum but the 'Unsubscribe' appears to be just a text, not a link to me.

Yes,

Anyone that doesn’t want emails should be able to easily unsubscribe. I’ll check out the problem with the link on the newsletter.  It’s supposed to work.   

To unsubscribe from the daily newsletter, look in the upper right hand corner and click on the three like bars.  In the drop down menu go to “Account”, then  “Account Settings”.  There will be a drop down near the top called “Settings area. Click on that and select “Newsletters” (at the bottom of the list), on that screen move the slider to the left to turn it off, then hit “Save”. 

To unsubscribe from ALL site emails (except administrative, required emails), follow the directions above, but at the “Accomt “ page, scroll to the bottom and select “Notification Settings”.  Scroll to the bottom of that page and click “Stop All Emails”

This is all on a mobile device.  It may be slightly different on a desktop, but the category names are the same. 

I believe all that needs to be said has been said on this topic.  I agree with the original poster and would prefer a more concise newsletter - maybe showing a little of the main topic post and the number of replies (similar to the old Yahoo! Group digests) -  but I don’t have the capability to write code to do this  

Thanks Ivan for pointing out the issue with the newsletter.  I will get that corrected.  

If someone has the ability to write code that will create a newsletter that condenses the topics as mentioned above, please send me a PM. 

• Thanks 1