Coach Supply Direct, Edwardsburg, MI Josh Leach

This is Bill Feeley, AKA MIBILL.

The following is a review and suggestion about Coach Supply Direct, located in Edwardsburg, Michigan, and its owner, Josh Leach. My suggestion not to deal with him is based on our experience with him from April 2023 through Feb.  2024.

We own a 2009 Monaco Dynasty Regal IV. My wife has always wanted the interior updated, including reupholstering the two couches and expanding the dinette, plus the new carpet.  

We checked with companies in Indiana and Florida but were not pleased with the options given. Also, we would need to leave our coach with them for six months.

We met with Leach in April 2023. The options he provided for carpeting and reupholstering were acceptable. He would order a new dinette from Villa International based on our specifications. In June 2023, because he was in Michigan, he said he would drive to us, pick up the couches, take them back to his shop, and reupholster them. We could then bring the coach out when everything was ready to install.

We took the coach to him in December when he indicated he had the carpeting, and the couches were reupholstered. He said the dinette would be delivered soon.

We stayed in touch with him by text and phone, and he continually assured us about the work.

We received the coach back in the middle of January after he called and said that Villa had delivered the wrong dinette, so he reinstalled the original dinette so we could go to Florida. He claimed he would come to Florida to install the dinette and fix the carpet because he had a client in Florida who wanted his furniture replaced. It never happened, nor did he communicate with us.

The last contact with him was in Feb. 2024, via text, when I sent pictures. He said he was on the road in Montana and would be back in touch when he returned to his shop. We never heard from him. I sent a detailed email and certified letter without a reply.

The upholstery work was subpar and not to industry standards, as identified by an interior expert who reviewed the couches.

The carpeting was installed, and you could see the heads of the staples. Also, it did not go flush to the adjacent structure.

He never ordered the dinette, according to Villa’s VP.

We gave him a significant deposit in June 2023, understanding that it would be utilized for the dinette, the carpet, and the couch fabric.

When we got the coach back, we gave him additional payment despite not being pleased.

Additionally, the tile above the sink in the galley had fallen off the wall while in his possession. However, like everything else, he blamed others.

I should have known about him because two other forum members posted information questioning him about their orders. However, when I saw these posts, we had already given him a substantial deposit. When I talked to him about them, he blamed the problem on the client.

From what I can determine, he has two civil lawsuits pending and multiple Better Business Bureau complaints that he never answered.

Based on our experience, I would strongly discourage anyone from dealing with Josh Leach or his companies, Coach Supply Direct or Yacht Supply Direct.

Thank you.

Bill Feeley

586-610-8692

• Thanks 1

Following is my post from last Sept. 19th

Neil Loveless

I hate to be asking this, but does anyone have information as to what is going on with this company?  Last Jan. I ordered two new Villa front seats and a recliner chair from Coach Supply Direct in Edwardsburg, MI, I had to pay in full at time of order.  I was told that delivery would be late Apr. for the 2 seats and the recliner would come later, the long lead time due to no more Flexsteel and more owners upgrading coaches rather than buying new in this market, also a long lead time on Ultraleather.  I finally received the 2 front seats July 5th, they are fantastic seats, however, one had a damaged pedistal base and went back to Villa in Elkhart for repair, got it back with a new base and all is good.  I continued following up on the recliner chair also being built as a new offering by Villa, and Josh at Coach Supply said the chair was done and would ship out the last week of August.  I was traveling from NY to FL so I told Josh to hold it a few days until I got to FL for delivery there, so when I got home in FL I called to tell Josh to ship it out.  I left phone messages, text messages and sent emails to Josh starting on Sept. 12 and every week day since, and his tel. mailbox was full.  On Sept. 14th Josh finally sent me a response that he was personal time this whole week, and that he would be in touch with me ASAP.  When I didn't hear from him on Monday 9/18 I called him, his phone mailbox was now open so I left him a message to call me to say the chair is shipping, I also texted and emailed the same, however, it's now Tue. 9/19 and his mailbox is again full and I haven't received a text or received a call.  Does anyone have any knowledge of the status of this company, and/or does anyone in this group live anywhere close to Edwardsburg that could advise me if they are even open?

Neil & Jeannie L.

2005 Beaver Patriot, 2020 Grand Cherokee toad, Mini-Dach. Max

UPDATE:  I ended up suing Josh in small claims court on Nov. 6, '23, he never showed up at the court, and the judge found him in contempt and awarded me the full price of the chair including all costs and court fee's, and Josh had 3 weeks to comply.  Shocking.....not a single penny came my way.  Since the court will not do anything to help with collecting your money, I've attempted to have Josh arrested for stealing my money, but the city police said they don't do that, talk to the sheriff, they gave me the same answer as did the state police.  I guess it's OK for a business to "steal" from a person in the eye of the law, but don't try it the other way around!  I also filed a report with the BBB who sent a letter to Josh and his company requesting payment to me, after several follow up's from them no response from Josh.  It's a sad day when a business can actually "steal" your money and no help from the law or courts in getting your money back, meanwhile, this corrupt business is allowed to remain in business to steal from consumers over and over again.