2009 Camelot. Strange leak. Source unknown.

Go to solution Solved by JerryW,

2009 Scepter KFQ.

I noticed water dripping from the curb side frame inboard on the propane tank, which is opposite of the wet bay.

I have turned all water supplies off and it still drips. The water feels cool to the touch so I suspect the center AC drain. I'm concerned that it's coming from above the bay floor.

(1) Does anyone know where the center AC drain should be located?

(2) What is the material used for the floor in the bay below the tank? It appears to be sagging an inch or so in the middle.

My center a/c drain is located on the driver's side near the Wet Bay. My propane tank is located in the fuel tank bay farthest bay forward. Sometimes I get condensation on the propane tank when there is a drastic temperature change resulting in a puddle under the coach. Usually only happens in the winter here in Georgia.

Slightly confused.  The wet bay on my Camelot is on the driver’s side….as that is the hookup side.

There is a panel that is removable to get to the back or access the water pump.  Have you removed the panel and used a flashlight to inspect the pump and all behind the white service panel?

i do not have a center AC.  Have you turned off the AC to see if that stops the leak.  Put a dry container and then see if stoping or shutting down the AC STOPS IT.  Any leak from inside the area where the access panel will drain to the well in the plastic floor of the wet bay.  I fretted as i was getting water.  I have a replacement plastic coil spring permanently installed hose from the tank dump “Y” to the Sanicon,  replaced it with the OEM rubber one (splices)….no leak

the roof panels are some type of composite….you can drop a corner or see a cross section.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2009 Camelot. Strange leak. Source unknown.

Thanks Dan, my propane tank is just forward of the rear wheels and opposite the plumbing bay. The propane system is not being used.

The water leak is on the right side (curb side). Propane locker is first locker forward of the rear wheels. The leak is from the fore to aft basement frame rail about 16 inches inboard.

I gather there are black and grey tanks between the service bay and the propane tank.

I disconnected the drain hose at the AC unit and tried to blow thru it. It was somewhat clogged. I then used my mini shop vac and vacuumed the drain. Then reversed and blew through the hose. I can now blow through the hose.

It's pretty hot in NC so I haven't shut down the AC for very long. I'll give that a try this evening. 

I'm more concerned about having a tank plunge through the basement floor. Any idea what it's made of?

It still drips at the frame rail.

This is a PM, just received, from Jerry.  Think he meant to post it.  

found the leak! It's the water pump at the pressure switch. Problem solved. Thanks to all.

@JerryW

You may or may NOT, as well as other members, be aware of the HISTORY of the AquaTech RV55 Pump....whose manufacturing rights were sold to REMCO.  The OEM pumps from AquaTech had an INTERNAL Check Valve that "pops" into the OUTLET fitting.  That prevents backflow...as in, if it is NOT there or defective, then the pressure from the CITY will backflow through the pump and into the Fresh Tank and OVERFLOW it. 

The original REMCO Pumps were made, we believe, by AquaTech.  Have NO IDEA who makes them now.  HOWEVER, a few years ago, REMCO changed the STOCK REPLACEMENT PUMP.  The NEW PUMPS do NOT have this Check Valve.  You MUST ORDER ONE and put it in PRIOR to installing.  Maybe a $10 part and readily available if you GOOGLE Remco RV55 Pump Check Valve.  The rationale, WE SPECULATE, was that many manufacturers were including a stand alone check valve on the INLET side of the pump.  WHO KNOWS....  All we know is that it AIN'T THERE NOW....and you need it.

The OTHER THING...  CUT OFF and do NOT USE the REMCO inline FUSE holder.  That has failed.  There is an UPSTEAM Fuse on the Intellitec Controller's INPUT line.....OR if you have the Intellitec MPX system (the Lighted Switch Panels that have a PUMP button)....there is a 10 Amp fuse on one of the Intellitec Output Modules.  NOW, Monaco DID have some issues on the Pumps....maybe NOT NOW....but Monaco Tech Support said to UPGRADE or REPLACE the 10A fuse on the Intellitec Module with a 15 Amp fuse.  NOT all...very FEW needed it...but it you have issues...it was a KNOWN problem.  The wiring is #12....so don't stress over too much current... 

The CONSUMER Inline FUSE is a catastrophe waiting to happen.....BEEN THERE....DONE THAT.  Just ct it off and use crimp butt connectors to attach the old harness to the new pump.

That's it.  Good LUCK....

• Solution

My pump is a Shurflo 4008. I guess it was changed before I owned the coach. 

FYI, the floor under the pump and wet bay is all a single sheel of plastic about 3/16s thick. No worries about water damage there!

4 hours ago, JerryW said:

My pump is a Shurflo 4008. I guess it was changed before I owned the coach. 

FYI, the floor under the pump and wet bay is all a single sheel of plastic about 3/16s thick. No worries about water damage there!

OK....TOO MUCH ASSUMPTIONS ON MY PART.  I know the AMBASSADOR...and have helped many.  I HAD, however, thought the Monaco went to the AquaTech RVF55 pump on the lower ends.  I THINK that they did or was told that on the Diplomats.

SO, you have a Totally DIFFERENT system.  The RV55 has a built in Pressure switch and it is a Diaphgram pump.  If you can replace the pressure switch and correct the leak....that would be the best.  BUT, if the PUMP ever failed...MOST have upgraded to the RV55 as it is less noisy and the design provides better flows.

YES...the plastic piece is there.  BUT, for those of us that have the "slightly upgraded" design or lower floor in the bay, Monaco put in a WELL or a sunken section (maybe 18" X 24".  So, if there was a leak....it ran into the well..  Think a 3/4" Deep X 24" Wide X 18" Depth molded in section.

THAT explains it.  Fix the leak...but remember that most do and get better performance....but many stick with the Shurflo....  

On 8/30/2024 at 1:28 PM, JerryW said:

2009 Scepter KFQ.

(1) Does anyone know where the center AC drain should be located?

Just for future reference, on my '08 model, the center, and front heat pump condensate lines are tee'd together somewhere up there.

So, condensate from both drains out at front DS corner of the front cap.

Good chance your '09 is the same.

BEN... I doubt that.  WHY... I ain't GOT no MIDDLE AC.  I wish I did.  I have a front and a rear.  There is a line on the LEFT front corner and on the RIGHT rear corner.  SO, there ain't no T.  Check my SIGNATURE.  NOT a 42 like yours.

Thanks.

Thanks Ben. I have looked everywhere and came to that conclusion. No other hole in the bottom. Unfortunately the last two days have had such little humidity nothing seemed to drip.

8 minutes ago, JerryW said:

Thanks Ben. I have looked everywhere and came to that conclusion. No other hole in the bottom. Unfortunately the last two days have had such little humidity nothing seemed to drip.

Ah.

Yeah that was how I discovered it. High humid day with only the center unit running.