2008 Diplomat - ISL - REAR Radiator... Easiest way to replace water pump. Thanks.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2008 Diplomat - ISL - REAR Radiator... Easiest way to replace water pump. Thanks.

Easiest way is to drop it off n pay somone to do it, ha ha!!

Seriously if you are mechanicaly inclined, removing a Radiator is not that hard, just need someone to help lift it out after removing stuff, draining coolant, replace ALL ENGINE N RADIATOR Hoses, t stat Radiator cap etc. Have Radiator professionally  flushed n pressure tested at big rig truck Radiator shop while out replace belts etc also may want to flush n test CAC, replace hoses check turbo....

It would be pretty hard to reach without pulling radiator. If you have long arms you might get to it by removing the bedroom and closet hatches. This picture is an ISL 400 from my 2007 Diplomat. I just replaced my CAC, radiator, alternator, water pump, belt, transmission cooler and hoses.IMG_0379.thumb.jpeg.fa68d639a35949b99e12b24c14ccca7e.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

If you're not intending to replace anything else, besides the belt and tensioner, then you can try from the side or top, I don't know the layout of that model.  I had enough room to easily remove the water pump, but I already had a bolt missing, broken off, so I took the radiator and CAC off and still fought that bolt way longer than it should have, eventually tapped it to the next bigger size!  It's an o ring seal and three bolts, so no gasket scraping or form a gasket involved.  As long as the bolts break loose, it shouldn't be too bad.

• 2 weeks later...