ScanGauge-D

Go to solution Solved by Just Jim,

Replaced with BlueFire.  Allows you to monitor, measure, track, and diagnose/reset Diesel engine codes.  Works off of ECM and includes 6-9 pin connector for older J1708 protocol units.  If you are not familiar, you can read more about it at https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauge-d/  New ranging from $150-200+.

$100.00 including shipping.

ScanGauge.jpg

I very much like having them both the ScanGauge and BlueFire.  I normally have the ScanGauge set to read out TODAYS data which resets its self daily so you can just scroll through miles today, fuel today, milage today etc.  You could also do this with BlueFire but it just works nice to have them both. even if some of the data can be redundant.  I was going to sell mine too but I am glad to have both working together.d

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottknight said:

just starting to look at this, could have used it on a couple of summits on last trip. Reason for change to BlueFire? ..... 04  8.3  330hp

I chose the Bluefire primarily for the reason that I don't trust the 20+ YO analog gauges (which is the exact same reason I initially went with the ScanGauge-D).  Plus, the SG, while it was very useful, and honestly reads the same data off the ECM, only presented 4 data points at a time and I'm more of a visual person.  So there was both a function & form component to my decision to switch.

If I had never heard of the BlueFIre, I'd still be using the SG today.  However, being a mechanical engineer and a tech/IT guy, I have to admit it's also kinda neat to have a 'Glass Dash'; i.e. a single point to monitor what I consider critical data.  Make sense? 

Bottom line-I would recommend either.

Edited by Bobkat11208
Added comment