Blue ox vs 2003 F-150 or OPTIONS???

Rikadoo

Well i went to the 109 FMCA CONVENTION, asside from geeking out at the seminars, i found myself in front of the blue ox booth, an faster than you can count the change im now the owner of a new tow bar… Then of course i had to order the base plate for my 2003 F150 which of course had to be ordered, the next week i get a phone call stating they dont have any in stock an though they have tools an plans they tell me it wont ship out till Oct 22, 2024. So much for the thrill of getting rid of my tow dolly🤦‍♂️ 

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Blue ox vs 2003 F-150 or OPTIONS???

NOT NECESSARILY.....A little research goes a LONG WAY.....FWIW.

RE...  BLUE OX vs ROADMASTER...which is now a viable OPTION....the consensus of the folks that have...for almost 20 years....looked at the design, number of fasteners and size of fasteners....chosen Roadmaster.  I have done this 3 times...and myself and other graduate engineers (one an ACE Mechanical one)....ran or run Roadmaster's.

NOW....having said that....  GO to the Roadmaster Site.  The 03 F-150 was the LAST of the older chassis ....that was from 96 - 03.  The Roadmaster Baseplate is 

456-1

https://staging-fitmaster.roadmasterinc.com/fitmaster-results/?years=2003&make=FORD&model=F-150+PICK-UP&type=direct

IT BE DISCONTINUED....but do NOT DESPAIR.....

https://www.adventurerv.net/roadmaster-4561-base-plate-p-12197.html

It is STILL OUT THERE.  Your call.  I would try to contact Blue Ox as well as Roadmaster...and then compare the mounting instructions and, most importantly....the BILL OF MATERIALS for the way it "ATTACHS".  I have run Roadmaster tow bars since 2006.  Used my original Falcon 2...and it was rebuilt once and was perfect, per a major RV Dealer's Hitch Shop.  Sold it on eBay.  Only reason was I went to a Full Size SUV and the top end of 6,000 pounds made me nervous.  Have an 8,000 pound Sterling AT.  It is a DREAM to use.  It as RELEASE handles...so it is MUCH easier to "GET IT OFF" than the older styles.  

Just my almost 90K towing miles.....with a TOAD....comments....