Aladdin Status Screen Jittery

Go to solution Solved by John Van Hengel,

I just replaced the aging Kenwood stereo in my 06 Monaco Signature. 
The PLZ MP-108 works and sounds great.
The cameras from the Aladdin system look good, but when I switch to the Aladdin status displays the screens jitter very badly.
I tried replacing the RCA video cable from the Aladdin and even swapping ports with the bedroom monitor, which is fine.
No change. 

Has anyone experienced this issue when swapping out the old Kenwood stereo?

20240906_165618.jpg

20240906_165557.jpg

20240906_165541.jpg

20240725_164956.jpg

Mine does something similar since I switched to the pioneer head unit. Mine resolves itself if I go to camera view then Alladin. It gets jittery coming on after the radio unit is on the screen. 

I would love to be able to have it fixed. 

• Solution
Jitter Fixed! Rube Goldberg method. The output of the Aladdin system status screens is old style CRT pixelated characters. I suspected it was old style TV composite video. The new head unit is made for 1080p color video, so I suspected it was having trouble with the old signal. So here is what I did. I took an RCA composite video to HDMI converter and connected it to an HDMI to RCA converter. Basically what I did was convert the signal to from composite video to HDMI and then back to composite video and it works. The resolution is not as sharp, but very workable. And the cameras still work just fine.

20240910_151431.jpg

20240910_151230.jpg