Generic hydraulic pump for fan motor, power steering & hydraulic fluid discussion and questions.

2 hours ago, Mick Adair said:

I have a 2003 Windsor with a 370hp ISL and it definitely has a coolant filter. 🤷‍♂️

The coolant filter came as standard equipment on Cummins engines in your year.

Later model engines they quit installing them, and it was up to the chassis manufacturer whether to install a remote mounted filter, or not.

11 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

The coolant filter came as standard equipment on Cummins engines in your year.

Later model engines they quit installing them, and it was up to the chassis manufacturer whether to install a remote mounted filter, or not.

Yes. The “exact” year is a moving target by model and year….with many “later” models having a few….as in Monaco “lost” some engines behind, say, several pallets of “throw pillows” and then popped the 1 - 2 YO engines  in current production to use them up.

So, I have the large hydraulic reservoir tank and it says in the manual that it has to be at operating temperature to check the fluid level. Does the engine have to running to check or just up to temperature? It doesn’t really say. I assume it should be running like an automobile but I’m not so sure now.

3 hours ago, Ivan K said:

My big tank took 2 buckets of fluid without flushing the lines. I stayed with the same fluid and did not consider it necessary to do. I set the level cold and had no overflow when running, don't even know if it ever gets hot.

You changed filters and put the original ATF / AW46 back in?

6 hours ago, Georgia Mike said:

So, I have the large hydraulic reservoir tank and it says in the manual that it has to be at operating temperature to check the fluid level. Does the engine have to running to check or just up to temperature? It doesn’t really say. I assume it should be running like an automobile but I’m not so sure now.

FWIW.  The owner’s manual has the INITIAL FILL CAPACITY.  That is the entire system…..NOT just the reservoir.  The 4/5 Gal Large and the slightly less than 2 Gal SMALL is the quoted, tested and reliable quantity.  Take that to the bank.

13 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Mine is an external filter so changed that and the hydraulic fluid, it took exactly two 5 gal buckets of NEW fluid. I did not go with the expense of Transynd. 

OK….for clarity.  IT APPEARS that you  do NOT have the two mounting band cylindrical reservoir with the 3 stacked internal filter and the band clamp cover with the dip stick in the top.  These were the most common on the early 2000’s….mostly Dynasty.

if you have square or rectangular tank, which was depicted in the PDF….THEN, that is what you have….but not commonly used….and we know how consistent Monaco was.

Your manual is not available online.  Pictures of your reservoir and also the external filter PN would be great….and will be added to the Parts List. 99% of the posts over the past 15 years….and this usually popped up at least twice, maybe 3 times per year dealt with the two different Nelson cylindrical reservoirs….LARGE & SMALL.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Mine is an external filter so changed that and the hydraulic fluid, it took exactly two 5 gal buckets of NEW fluid. I did not go with the expense of Transynd. 

That's a load!

Don't think mine would take anywhere near that. I have one spin-on external, and one filter in the reservoir.

40 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

if you have square or rectangular tank, which was depicted in the PDF….THEN, that is what you have….but not commonly used….and we know how consistent Monaco was.

Your manual is not available online.  Pictures of your reservoir and also the external filter PN would be great….and will be added to the Parts List. 99% of the posts over the past 15 years….and this usually popped up at least twice, maybe 3 times per year dealt with the two different Nelson cylindrical reservoirs….LARGE & SMALL.

Thanks

Funny that I just checked the level this morning before seeing the post, did not think to take a picture but here is an old pic with 10 gal rectangular canister where the towel is on top of it. Also the big external filter I use for it.

20240915_155536.jpg

20240915_155315.jpg

21 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Funny that I just checked the level this morning before seeing the post, did not think to take a picture but here is an old pic with 10 gal rectangular canister where the towel is on top of it. Also the big external filter I use for it.

20240915_155536.jpg

20240915_155315.jpg

YES….you have a “SNOWFLAKE”….or one might say…a GAWD AWFUL BIG SUCKER.  I seem to recall a comment about one of these….but, in all seriousness, your system is a “1 %’er” compared to the one commonly asked about.

The picture says it all.

Thanks.

@Frank McElroy.  Is fhis the same filter Monaco used later on when they had a spin on pressure one….on “some” units.  If not in PL, should be. Thanks

55 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

That's a load!

Don't think mine would take anywhere near that. I have one spin-on external, and one filter in the reservoir.

Your system, same as mine, will leave a few ounces or maybe a pint when you pump or syphon out fhe cylindrical single internal filter reservoir.  They will be more than enough left to fill the spin on…..IF YOU HAVE TWO GALLONS.  Been there….done that….