California Wild Fires - MH saved us....

4 years ago my 1998 Southward Storm saved the day when our mountain caught fire............ since then bought our 2004 Monaco Cheetah.   The serpentine broke recently so it's in the shop.   Yesterday the Bridges fire, now 49,000 acres, crested the 'hill' and the old Southward fired up and once again saved the day........... never going to sell old slugger !  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Les Hurdle said:

4 years ago my 1998 Southward Storm saved the day when our mountain caught fire............ since then bought our 2004 Monaco Cheetah.   The serpentine broke recently so it's in the shop.   Yesterday the Bridges fire, now 49,000 acres, crested the 'hill' and the old Southward fired up and once again saved the day........... never going to sell old slugger !  

Are you evacuating?    We're getting tons of smoke but actual fire is way far off from us.

If you know the area we are 1/2 mile for the Devils Punch Bowl............. we are on active alert to evac.   Where are you?

Maybe we should email.  leshurdlebiz@gmail.com           don't tell anyone 😉

• Tom Cherry changed the title to California Wild Fires - MH saved us....
3 hours ago, Les Hurdle said:

If you know the area we are 1/2 mile for the Devils Punch Bowl............. we are on active alert to evac.   Where are you?

Maybe we should email.  leshurdlebiz@gmail.com           don't tell anyone 😉

yep,  I know that area.  I drive 210, 215, 15 and 138 several times a year.

I'm in Palm Desert, so looooong way from fire.   But the smoke is really bad.  AFter it leaves here, it heads to Phoenix.  

My good friend lives in Trabuco Canyon area of Orange County.  He sent me a picture as he was leaving his house yesterday.   Scary Stuff.  That helicopter and ground crews saved his entire neighborhood.    This is the Bridge fire, so no where near me nor Les.  

fire.JPEG

• Sad 1

Even though there were at least 6 drops of retardant yesterday still flames at 4 am today

As per usual here the suits were days late getting planes in the air........... I've experienced such delays 3 times...... hmmm

• Sad 1

The biggest problem is the 'services' do not spend the money allocated for brush removal on such.  New vehicles mostly.  Fire crew tells me brush has become Peat and will likely burn for days........  which means smoke.  Cough cough.

But, the moho stands ready to go at a moments notice.