2003 Monaco Knight taillight wiring

JimC295

I have a no brake light issue and also no cruise control disengagement. Would anyone have a wiring diagram with just the running lights on it? My vision is getting so bad I just cannot read the available wiring diagrams in the download section.. When we 1st purchased this coach the only thing that lit up when the brakes were depressed was the middle light (cyclops). Now I've got no brake lights and and a cruise control issue. Thank you very much for the help.

Jim

Jim

I had the same issue last year.  After much troubleshooting, I found that my problem was a broken power wire to the brake air pressure switch.  My air pressure brake light switch is mounted to the outside of the firewall in front of the brake pedal (yours may be mounted differently as mine is an '06, but it should be in the same general area).  I would recommend testing to make sure you have 12 volts going to the switch and 12 volts passing thru the switch when the brake pedal is actuated.  Mine had the same symptoms (cruise control would not shut off).  Good luck with your troubleshooting.

Richard

p.s.  I did not ever find the break in the wire as it was somewhere in a bundle of wires.  I simply ran a new wire from the source in the front run bay out to the brake switch.

• Like 1