Splendide WD802M water valve access

wamcneil

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to tear into my splendide washer/dryer for the first time in 2003 dynasty. Cold water valve is running continuously. Tried banging on it with a screwdriver handle and it helps but doesn't stop.

It's in a cabinet at the side of the rear closet with limited access. See picture.

I'm assuming that I'll be replacing at least the cold valve and maybe also hot while I'm in there. Wondering what might be the best approach to access the valves. 

I believe the top of the washer will come off with just a few screws at the back. If I can get the top out of there, might have enough access to mess with the hoses and electrical connectors through that side door and over the top. Kinda tight, but might be slightly easier than other options. 

If that approach doesn't work, what's the best plan?

1. Slide the unit out the front? I can't easily see how the unit is bolted down. What's involved in getting the thing loose so it can slide out toward the front? 
  2. Remove the shelf above the unit? The carpeted shelf above the splendide is resting on a ledge on 2 sides and has pocket holes on the 2 other sides. Has anyone taken this shelf out? Is it as simple as removing the pocket screws?

Thanks y'all!

Walter

splendide.jpg

My 2003 Windsor it is held down with just 2 L-brackets in the front behind the lower cover. Not sure if you can get it out the front. Mine is next to the rear closet and came out through a removable panel into the closet. I couldn't get it out the front. The opening is to small.

Thanks. I got it figured out.

The top doesn't come off. But even better, the middle section of the rear panel comes off pretty easily and that gives good access to the valves at the top. I have room to go in through that little door in the closet and there's enough room to work behind the washer.

I also discovered that the hot water valve hasn't worked in many years! Apparently, the hot valve started leaking at some point in the past and the previous owner just shut off the manabloc hot water feed to the washer. So definitely replacing both. 

Supposedly samsung valves DC62-30312J & DC62-30314K are good replacements. They look about the same in pictures. But the original valves have straight threaded connections that are finer than garden hose threads. Might be replacing the inlet fittings if the new valves are standard garden hose thread.

Will update after I get the valves swapped.  

Well, this is curious... The fittings on the motorhome are standard garden hose thread. But the valves on the splendide are finer thread. The fittings were just screwed on hard and deformed the plastic threads a bit. Not sure if this was original monaco or if the valves have been replaced at some point in the past.

Curious to see what comes on the new valves. The pictures look like garden hose, but some of the reviewers complained about the threads being wrong.

Ok. Got my new valves in. They work, but the water connection threads are not US-standard. I don't know if all of the cheap amazon solenoid valves are like this, but the ones I checked all had a few reviewers complaining about the threads being wrong. Most people probably wrap those straight threads real good with teflon tape and crank it down hard, oblivious to the fact that the threads are binding.  😶

I suppose it would make sense if washers outside of North America use different plumbing connections. I couldn't easily find information on european washer hoses, but if different than NA standard, I would think the connections would be metric. These are not metric. It's straight-thread 1"x14tpi like a 3/4" faucet connection hose (3/4" FIP). 

Edit: I just found some european washer connection hoses that say the fittings are 3/4" BSP (British Standard Pipe). 1.041" and 14tpi

The amazon photos appear to be standard garden hose threads, but that's not what I received. Otherwise the pictures are accurate. If you're doing this, make sure to check the restricted port on the double-valve. My new valve has the restrictor on the opposite outlet. The wiring and hoses are long enough to swap sides, so it's not a deal breaker.

image.jpeg.cc7790b0c53b44fba65c0d8bff46765f.jpegimage.jpeg.a4d2b13d575a52b891fb7616369df6a4.jpegimage.jpeg.3aee9d66ec2ca5282779186a478100d5.jpeg

Edited by wamcneil