Defrost blower motor won’t cut off

Monaco06
Go to solution Solved by Ivylog,

“We” suggest that all new MH owners spend at least an hour or two….per day…LOL….  Reading each section or chapter of the owner’s manuals.  Conservatively, 90% of the new members questions are answered or explained in the Manual.

LONG and BORING?  Yes.  Skip the sections on wine and pet stain removal….unless applicable.

BUT…every section needs to be read.  Take the manual with you and walk around and familiarize yourself with EVERY figure or photo.  ReRead, as required…..do every chapter….especially the HOUSE Electric and CHASSIS Electric….as well as the DRIVING and CONTROLS and CHASSIS.

Thanks in advance for doing this.  Best way to learn.  When members respond…..they sometimes think all MONACOS be the same……new members often search for a switch or component that is NOT on their MH….

• Like 1

Totally agree. We have owned a Monaco previously, but it was a 1998 and much more basic. We have been mostly full time since 2021. Been dreaming and preparing to get a coach like this for a long time! Awesome to have access to a wealth of knowledge from this community. 

"WE" the Moderators have this discussion about owners that own these rigs and have never read the owners manual and expect the online forums to answer all their question and solve even the simplest problems that can be answered by just reading the manual. Tom and my biggest issue is the owner who posts the "what Is this" post.

It is very hard to understand with my getting older feeble mind why anyone who purchases an RV, whether it be a pull behind, Fifth wheel and especially a Class A motor coach would take it on the road without reading and understanding just some of the Basics in the owners manual.

I have owned several RV's, most of them have been Class A's. I have always approached the operation, ownership and maintenance of my Coach with the same method that I was exposed to when learning to Fly and every time I would go after a Type Rating for one of the Jets or other aircraft I was going to fly.

The first thing a new owner should do before venturing out on the road in a RV, especially a Class A is to at a minimum read the owners manual and get a basic understanding of how things work, what switches to turn on to make the basic systems work, such as headlights, wipers etc.

Whenever I would go to get a Type Rating in a Particular Aircraft, the FAA requires that you study and are familiar with all the manuals that are associated for that particular aircraft which includes the Flight manual, Operation Manuals for all the components installed in the aircraft and how they interact with other systems and the Emergency Check List,which will include the Memory Items you are required to know in case the crap hits the fan and helps you to instantaneously maybe save your butt, After you do the above, which is called "Ground School", it is required that you must take a Written Exam and then an Oral Exam on everything you have learned in the manuals before you will have the opportunity to operate and fly the aircraft. The final step after you have met and passed all the aforementioned requirements is the Flight Test which you must demonstrate that you can handle all aspects of not only flying the aircraft but also your response to any emergency situation. When you have successfully passed all the above you be issued a Type Rating for that aircraft only. Each aircraft that I want to fly I would still have to do all of the above again to be approved to fly each aircraft. At 35000 feet you cannot pull over to a cloud and fix a problem and there is no forum you can go online and ask for help.

Class A Motor-coaches can be complex, some are basic and the higher up you go in the food chain the more complex they get, it sometimes can get very overwhelming. Every owner as Tom Cherry suggested should read the Owners Manual and get familiar with the location, operation of each system and what they do and how they interface with other components and how to operate the various components installed in their particular coach. After reading and understanding the Owners Manual you should then go chapter by chapter and understand how to operate the various systems in the manual and physically touch, feel and familiarize yourself with them.

An owner should also read and thoroughly understand each manual for every system installed in the coach. Most manuals come with a trouble shooting section and the owner should familiarize themselves with that section. The owner should also know where each component is installed and located in the coach and how to access them using the Operation Manuals.

An owner should also make himself familiar with all the customer service or technical phone numbers of the components installed in the coach are. That call that should be made to get first hand help to solve an issue with a component with the correct facts and methods of fixing it.

By doing the above it will help the owner understanding a problem and how to fix it, where to go to get help or to ask the right questions to get help quickly to solve an issue. I read many posts from a member about a problem or issue and another member will post an answer that is off the hip and does not know a thing about  what they are talking about and it can get costly.  The Moderators try to prevent this as much as we can.

My final thought to all is "READ THE OWNERS AND OPERATING MANUAL FOR YOUR COACH". It will be one hell of an education.

David, 

I appreciate you reiterating about reading the owners manual. That will certainly be done. 
just so you know, I picked the coach up at 7pm and drove until 3am to get home to be at a job. The fan was running when I picked it up. I made the post the next morning in case I was overlooking the obvious…..and I was. Brain was not working at 3am. 
Give me a little time and I will soak up the owners manual so as to not ask embarrassing questions. 

Yours truly,

Humble and brand new 06 Monaco Signature owner. 😃

I owned a 1998 Monaco coach, my wife and I lived in it full time for a year and traveled about 12,000 miles in it. I repaired many simple and complicated things along the way….and I read much of the manual. A very simple coach with minimal electronics compared to the 06. This one is a little intimidating with electronics. Not my strongest quality!  

Thanks again for your concern, but I’m not that guy. I’m pretty seasoned and have owned most types of campers and 2 coaches. Have been camping and traveling most of my 57 years with family and as an adult. 
it’s a great life and we are blessed to live it. 

Always thankful for the shared wisdom of people like you who are far more experienced than I am.