2003 Signature; Slide Motor Issues

Go to solution Solved by Gene Y,

Anyone find a replacement motor for hydraulic pump that operates the slides and the generator bay door? About 2 months ago I rebuilt our pump motor successfully however it's now failing again. Have tried unsuccessfully to locate a replacement motor. If anyone has a link or part # please help.

Thanks 

2003 Signature Series 

59 minutes ago, pwhittle said:

This is an option to replace the HWH motor.

Note that you need to run a new Ground Cable the same size as the 12V cable.

NEW RV MOTORHOME LEVELING PUMP MOTOR 1330185 MH08053 P33939 https://a.co/d/hR7tV1D

@Frank McElroy this could be added to the Parts List.

Paul

Thanks Paul - I'll add it.

10 hours ago, pwhittle said:

NEW RV MOTORHOME LEVELING PUMP MOTOR 1330185 MH08053 P33939 https://a.co/d/hR7tV1D

Paul

Thanks Paul I had been looking at that online but I'm confused by the 2 post on the housing. Our current pump only has 1 power post on the housing. Is it possible to use this motor and if so which terminal would I connect to?

Run a large cable from the extra lug to frame ground.

i helped a friend install that on his 2003 Signature, and it has been working fine.

Edited by pwhittle

10 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Paul

Thanks Paul I had been looking at that online but I'm confused by the 2 post on the housing. Our current pump only has 1 power post on the housing. Is it possible to use this motor and if so which terminal would I connect to?

After re-reading your suggestion I am thinking that you are saying that a ground cable will need to be added for the 2nd post. Wondering if that is what you are suggesting?

30 minutes ago, Gene Y said:

I’m also confused…..when you say one post…..   how many “cables” are running to your motor?  If you have TWO….as in one to a bolt on the frame….MAYBE.  Or how many cables are running to the “hydraulic system” frame???

If you use a VOM and find that the housing of the motor is GROUNDED….as in it gets the NEG from the frame….then MAYBE.  When you get the new motor….you will need to test it.  As in.  NEITHER of the two terminals are connected or have continuity to the FRAME of the motor.

It would appear from Paul’s post that the replacement motor’s frame or housing is NOT GROUNDED.  Thus….you will need a Cable.  A #2 cable will work. Amazon sells them in lengths from 6” up to whatever.  They come with terminals.  5/16 or 3/8.  You need to find a GROUND STUD and run the cable there….not to some “bolt you found”.  

I had typed the rest previously and then am editing….

All the hydraulic systems I have seen or helped with including my own have TWO grounds.  i would HOPE or suspect that there is a GROUND cable on your frame as well as the positive .

Pictures would be nice.  

FIRST….even though there is only 2 years difference between the models….you need to go to your prints or download them.  You also need to identify WHOSE system you have….HWH, Lipperrt, or “Brand X”.  Then, using that info, do so googling and get a parts list for that “system”.  Then keep googling for a replacement motor.

UNLESS I misunderstood….you have only one POSITIVE or large post.  The one in the picture has TWO.  You need to get a manual on your system.  There are multiple ways for the pump to work. Some systems have power to the pump that is FIXED….as in the motor turns in one direction…..using TWO posts.  Then the valving reverses.  The other, is to have a larger “Reversing” solenoid….and that reverses the polarity so the  motor turns in both directions…

There are, unfortunately, about three other designs where the controls do the work.  You need specifics…..and not assumptions.

Maybe someone with your year will chime in.

7 minutes ago, pwhittle said:

i helped a friend install that on his 2003 Signature, and it has been working fine.

Thanks again Paul, ordering it now!

3 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

It would appear from Paul’s post that the replacement motor’s frame or housing is NOT GROUNDED.  Thus….you will need a Cable.  A #2 cable will work. Amazon sells them in lengths from 6” up to whatever.  They come with terminals.  5/16 or 3/8.  You need to find a GROUND STUD and run the cable there….not to some “bolt you found”.  

This is correct. The replacement I linked has terminal A1-GND and A2-+12V.

Lots of current, so #2 is a good recommendation.

Paul

• Solution
On 9/22/2024 at 7:42 AM, pwhittle said:

Thanks again Paul, ordering it now!

Did as Paul W suggested, installed new motor and ground cable! All is well and working perfectly! Thanks again Paul!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2003 Signature; Slide Motor Issues