Switch ID

davidkulman
Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

• Solution

ASK....and ye MIGHT RECEIVE.

I often take your request as a CHALLENGE.  I found several 2004 Endeavors FOR SALE.  After scanning the ads....maybe on the fourth ONE....that one had 137 IMAGES....

Here is it....

CEILING LIGHT

PORCH LIGHT

ENTRY STEP SWITCH.  

BATTERY CUTOFF.

That switch is a CARLING.  You can GET a NEW actuator for it.  ODDS ARE...the SWITCH IS ALL RIGHT.  On Amazon, there is a TOOL for carefully removing the cover.  Yours is GONE.

https://www.amazon.com/Carling-Technologies-Lighted-Connections-Actuator/dp/B07LGMXCC4/ref=asc_df_B07LGMXCC4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=693071814373&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1907986728886891828&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009731&hvtargid=pla-1952874737501&psc=1&mcid=1e51bb3baedc3786864c2193a9770b81

Here is a GENERIC CARLING Replacement on Amazon. ODDS ARE...it will plug in and work.  The switch just "pops in and out...."  You do NOT, usually, have to remove the panel.

It works this way.  When the RED LIGHT IS ON... Then the Step will open and close EVERY TIME you open the door....

With the RED LIGHT OFF....the step will stay EXTENDED.....once you open the door.  SO, while Camped, this is the USUAL setting.  BUT, when you TURN ON THE IGNTION....the step comes IN....when you close the door or it is closed....

You can find the ENTRY DOOR step print or wiring diagram for just about any MODEL Monaco from say 2001 or so UP.  They were the SAME.  SOME might have a DASH LIGHTS ARE ON....light.  Yours do NOT look that way.

ODDS ARE...the Amazon SWITCH will work....all you have to do is take a picture of the REAR of the switch...and maybe put a small piece of tape and number the wires.  PULL OFF THE WIRES....ONE AT A TIME....then put that one back on the switch.  IT WILL WORK...

GOOD LUCK.

NOW, you know HOW to search the NET for things....believe me....YOU SHOULD LEARN THIS....

2004 Endeavor Front Dash Door Switch Panel.jpg

• Like 4

Never been accused of NOT accepting a challenge.....as long as it is NOT INFLICTION OF BODILY PAIN.

Just get creative.  I have used FOR SALE ads before to get pictures of things that were not posted.....just to understand.  Sometimes the search is easier...as, this one, relatively speaking, was...  PLUS, ya gotta think outside the box sometimes...