Coach insurance while in CENTRAL AMERICA???

Paul J A

3 hours ago, 6Wheels said:

You are brave to travel this route.  I hope you have a large group.

Just helping a friend look at / for options of any coverage available. I had a residence in Costa Rica , some contacts there have been helpful. T y.

23 hours ago, Rocketman3 said:

Central America I cannot speak to.

In Mexico, I could get (had to get) Liability, but they would not issue comprehensive for a vehicle as old as mine (2000), so I had to go without and drive carefully.  USA insurance would not cover in Mexico.

What Insurance Company did you have coverage in MX. thru?

T y.

Both times we have gone to Baja we used. GNP Seguros. 

We did all the signup on-line and PRINTED the documents before leaving the USA. They had a good easy process. I.e. took our money very well. We never had an accident- so I can’t speak to that part of their service.

Because our home (we full-time) was then not insured (Liability only) I drove very carefully!  One thing that surprised me was how well the Mexico drivers drove.  They were nice and patient.

The city streets were good - except for all the topes (speed bumps). No one follows speed limits - so they make them physical (speed bumps).  The highways were a mixed lot. But much more narrow - and no shoulder.   We took our rig all the way down to Cabo San Lucas (stayed at a condo with relatives).

Good Luck 

(No idea how the mainland will vary vs Baja).

On 9/28/2024 at 11:51 AM, Rocketman3 said:

Both times we have gone to Baja we used. GNP Seguros. 

We did all the signup on-line and PRINTED the documents before leaving the USA. They had a good easy process. I.e. took our money very well. We never had an accident- so I can’t speak to that part of their service.

Because our home (we full-time) was then not insured (Liability only) I drove very carefully!  One thing that surprised me was how well the Mexico drivers drove.  They were nice and patient.

The city streets were good - except for all the topes (speed bumps). No one follows speed limits - so they make them physical (speed bumps).  The highways were a mixed lot. But much more narrow - and no shoulder.   We took our rig all the way down to Cabo San Lucas (stayed at a condo with relatives).

Good Luck 

(No idea how the mainland will vary vs Baja).

Thank you Michael.