Replacement hydraulic hoses for Lippert

My 3 slideouts ( galley,living rm & gen) Lippert pump is needing replacement hoses. Currenty hose size are 3/16" (100R7).  All current Lippert pump systems use 1/4" hose. Tech support would only say they use 1/4 hose for the current models pumps.  I wanted to be proactive and replace with hoses if in the furure the pump fails the replace pump would be good to use with the 1/4" hoses. My Monaco pump # 645-263 translate to a Lippert Assy # 156844 ( but that is only a 2 valve setup, not the 3 I need) Lippert parts was not sure if assy 172911 would work)  Neverthless, my question:

If changing to 1/4" hose vs the 3/16" hose, will there be negative affect on the slides operation? Lippert would only say there could be reduced pressure but would not say if that would cause negative affects or problems.  Any thoughts? 

Thanks

Do you have any leaks?  Are any damaged.  Monaco bought the entire system directly from Lippert.  Right down to every hose, balance cylinder and each drive cylinder.  I had to replace my entire PUMP ASSEMBLY.  SOME have salvaged their systems...  BUT mine is one of the ones that OFTEN FAIL.  If you have the Long "Loaf of Bread" reservoir....that is a failure waiting to happen.  The end of the reservoir needs to have a bracket (DIY....aluminum angle, Unistrut, strips, even WOOD) and then a few thicknesses of HVAC Foam tape to go between the bottom of the reservoir and the Support.

My issue was a Bad or BURNED UP motor.  Due to the fact that these LONG SKINNY UNSUPPORTED systems were a POOR design (Lippert admitted and discounted the replacement so it was the COST of a New Motor).... then I put in the new system.  NEW PUMP and Solenoids and MOTOR.  It was PLUG and PLAY.  All the fittings were the same....so I used the same hoses.  That was done circa 2022 or so.  If Lippert has gone to 1/4" then the fittings on mine worked....as the tech only BOLTED and CONNECTED it (Hoses and electrical).  There was NO adapters or size changes.

Just passing on what we and and others have found out...  Your system MAY be the SAME Vintage.  We have the SINGLE Solenoid (only ON and OFF) not the REVERSING one that changes motor direction.

I would be more concerned and proactive with the hydraulic failure potential...as that is a KNOW problem...than the hoses.  IF you have a rectangular reservoir and not the long, cantilevered and unsupported one....then you probably can replace or repair it...  BUT the seals and the interface between the Pump and the Reservoir are the weak spot and new motors have not mated up with the pumps and the seals have leaked....NOT ALWAYS....but frequent enough that most have considered a pump.  OTHERS fixed theirs....so it is a "crap shoot"

thanks Tom for the reply.  My hoses and fittings are not leaking. The hose are Dyna Flex with a thermoplastic black cover that is falling off.  Dyna Flex support said the hose are ok that way but can be easly damaged if bumped. So wanted to replace before that would happen. the reservior is long at about 15" with the first 4-5" supported by the assembly mounting plate.

See attached photo. I can see that it would not take much effort to fab addional support, which I will get done before next road trip. 

20240930_111810.jpg

20 minutes ago, Goodtimes said:

thanks Tom for the reply.  My hoses and fittings are not leaking. The hose are Dyna Flex with a thermoplastic black cover that is falling off.  Dyna Flex support said the hose are ok that way but can be easly damaged if bumped. So wanted to replace before that would happen. the reservior is long at about 15" with the first 4-5" supported by the assembly mounting plate.

See attached photo. I can see that it would not take much effort to fab addional support, which I will get done before next road trip. 

20240930_111810.jpg

That be the one,  I used aluminum channel and fabed a brace and then attached using drill point screws.  Padded it.