Water Softener Experiences and Recommendations

willema
Go to solution Solved by willema,

Yes, I used a Travel Soft for years while living in the southern part of California. Very hard water there at Valencia Travel Village. I sill have it but most of the places we have been Workamping at in the NE have city water which has not been bad at all so I haven't used it much since being on the East Coast. But it's ready to travel in case we need it.

One of our prestigious members had recommended this one a few years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079N2L7L6/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_4?smid=A2TXYJYD1G5GZC&psc=1

Edited by Dr4Film

https://a.co/d/0WQAsLA

I’ve used an On the Go Double size for three years and am extremely pleased with the product.  We were on the road for 6 months last season and 5 months the year before.  I run a charcoal filter before the softener and the Dynasty has two in house filters and our water qualify is very good.  We both drink from the tap, ice cubes are good!  The primary benefit is that is saves all your appliances.  Washer, coffee maker, ice maker, etc. 
Recharging is very easy, takes two jugs of table salt and 25 min.  I typically recharge every 25 days or so.   

• Thanks 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Water Softener Experiences and Recommendations

I have used an On the Go Water Softener for years. They are easily recharged using a box of common table salt then flushing with fresh water.  https://www.portablewatersoftener.com/shop/water-softeners. Southern CA, Southern Nevada & along the Colorado River the water is very hard. Soft water is good for maintaining your holding tanks also.

LakeBob do you use a sediment filter in front of the exterior carbon block filter? I also have 2 filters in the wet bay & use a sediment filter then the CBC filter but have used the On the Go outside by the water spigot first. I have read that it would be better to filter the water before going to the water softener. Using 4 filters seems like overkill though.

4 hours ago, Land Lubber said:

I have used an On the Go Water Softener for years. They are easily recharged using a box of common table salt then flushing with fresh water.  https://www.portablewatersoftener.com/shop/water-softeners. Southern CA, Southern Nevada & along the Colorado River the water is very hard. Soft water is good for maintaining your holding tanks also.

LakeBob do you use a sediment filter in front of the exterior carbon block filter? I also have 2 filters in the wet bay & use a sediment filter then the CBC filter but have used the On the Go outside by the water spigot first. I have read that it would be better to filter the water before going to the water softener. Using 4 filters seems like overkill though.

I only use a basic charcoal filter from the park supply to the softener, has worked well, in my experience.  The in-house sediment filter appears to work well when I examine after my annual change.  

In a perfect world I would plumb the softener after the in-house filters, however haven't made this a priority on my annual to-do list. 

I bought a Pro Aqua 16000 and have been very happy with it. The regeneration is fairly easy, but takes about 1/2 hour to fully accomplish. I only have to regenerate about every 3-4 months depending on water hardness. You divide 16000 by the water hardness and that gives you about the number of days between each regeneration. 

Tom Gibbens

’15 Dynasty 

I have been using the SoftCell water softener. I am very happy with it and it's performance. It can be purchased directly grom the business owner using the telephone number in the photos. 
The unit comes with the optional sediment filter on the input side. The quick connects are my own addition. I also have a carbon filter installed in the wet bay and that is after the softener.

What I like is that I do not have to open the top to add salt during recharging. This is where the particulate filter is used. Remove the filter cartridge and fill the clear housing with salt, replace the housing and turn on the water. The salt dissolves and you are done once all the salt is dissolved.  
The owner markets this unit at various RV shows, which is where I bought this unit. 

IMG_1286.jpeg

IMG_1287.jpeg