Slide creeping in after extending

cjmikek

Just wanted to share a recent problem with our passengerside slide I had. We had something recently fall behind the slide on the kitchen area  while it was retracted. While extending it got caught in the arms and got stuck. We where able to retract teh and remove the item. But then had slide extending issues. The item getting stuck had caused the slide to get a little crooked. We manged to get it all back straight, but then the slide was creeping in, fiddled around with retracting and extending a few times and messing with slideposition and the issue seemed to be fixed. But then while getting ready for our next trip I notice the slide starting to creep again. The slide seemed to be very even in the RV so I was baffled. Read a few things and it got me wondering about what holds it in place when fully extended. Which lead me to checking fluid levels in the hydraulic system for the slides. Found the manaul for the HWH system and for mine it called for rear slides to be extended and fronts slides and generator slide retracted. Turns out the system was really low on hydraulic fluid. Got the reservoir topped off and cycled everything a few times. Since I have done that the slide is now staying extended without the creeping issue.

Turns out the item falling behind the slide and getting caught in mechanism just happened about the same time as the creeping issue and probably where not related at all.

Edited by cjmikek