Rock protection type for Neptune towing a Focus. 2 Fog lights shattered so far.

Dale N

I've looked at mustache, solid, paneled and other types of rock guards including the 'Protect-a-tow' and am not sure the best way to not keep replacing fog lights.  I stay off of dirt roads so that is not all the problem.

Costs range from$78 to over $500 for the systems yet at $180 for a used fog light and installation you can add that far real quick. 

My 03 Neptune 36PBD has a curved fiberglass rear that might not hold much and I'm not sure how much twist is put on the hair or solid guards.

The Protect-a-tow is mounted with tension on both the MH and the toad.  It should just keep the debris from coming up onto the vehicle.  I know not to drag and flip stuff up.  My clearance is 24 inches max.

Enough of my guesses now I'm looking for experts who have had, used or stop using different methods of protecting the car.  Another concern is the exhaust pointing down and burning the guard.  Photo attached of the rear.

IMG_3532.jpg.96c7865e2de3df95d269578b940b3448.jpg

From the photo I can see bungee in the seams.  I assume the black is vinyl sewn into a track for the bungee.  Reinforcement around the hitch and it looks good.  Do you have a side or rear exhaust? 

Only question left is what is the tan material?  Water goes through it?  And lastly what is the rod at the toad (I assume maybe stainless)?

Looks great and maybe a project for this winter at our site. 

The fabric is for outdoor shade, I think 80% and yes, let's water through. The pipe is a thin wall gardening rod with fiberglass tree support rod inside of it, from Walmart or HD, simple stuff. I only need it because there is no full length bumper. I have a side exhaust but there could either be a cutout or some heat resistant sheet, I doubt it gets too hot unless you have DPF.