Need ECM Image for 2001 Monaco Diplomat

Have a bad ECM and I pulled it and sent it off to a repair shop.  I'm now questioning whether I have been scammed.  Since I'm broken down and a long way from home, I'm working on a plan B.

I can get a used ECM but it will need to be flashed. Cummins can flash the correct engine side of the ECM for the engine VIN but they can't account for the Monaco parameters - tire size, shift points, exhaust brake, engine heater, etc.

Any chance someone has an image available?  I know it's a longshot but I figure if anywhere had a needle for my haystack it might be this forum. 

33 minutes ago, Bill C said:

I have them for an 2001 Dynasty if that will help?

I don't think it will be close enough. Mine has a 315HP 8.3L engine. Some of the paperwork also says it's 330hp. Probably not a huge difference between those two specs.

@Frank McElroy is the GURU....but I have helped a friend and understand the DRILL.  FIRST....you should SEARCH using ECM COPY as the Key Words. Click on Everywhere and select TOPICS.  Try other words.  There have been many posts on this.  FWIW...you are required to SEARCH BEFORE posting a new topic.

OK....the DRILL.  You NEED a 2001 DIPLOMAT or ENDEAVOR.  THAT IS FIRST.  

The SHOP does NOT FLASH.  The supplier of a Refurbished on or a NEW CUMMINS one will have the EMISSIONS and all the support "items" programmed into it.  The DEALER can NOT flash or copy and overwrite the SOLID EPA Code.  A Refurbisher CAN....   

What you need is the PROGRAMMING PARAMETERS that Monaco had "Flashed" or included in the OEM ECM.  There is a 50 Page PRINTOUT of all the "parameters" in the ECM.  SOME are what a SHOP (using the Insight software can "CHANGE or MODIFY". They can NOT mess or hack anything with EMISSIONS or how CUMMINS wants the engine to run.  SO.....FLASH is a misnomer....or if the SHOP SAYS they can FLASH....they are either incompotent or in error.  They CAN copy the parameters, I THINK, into the NEW unit.  There are a LOT of them...

Things like Rear End Ratio, Tire size....Revs per mile.  The Tail Shaft RPM (from the Allison)....This one is a little above my stripes.  BUT, there are OTHER key or CRITICAL items.  The interface of the CRUISE will also be critical. I don't know about the Exhaust brake...but that, I think, was a Year by Year issue...so you NEED the EXACT info.

You actually NEED a COPY or PDF of what is in the ECM.  Frank can tell you the "FILE TYPE" and the tech will have to go through the print out and then REPROGRAM, per the printed copy....the parameters.  I know a little....but it is like any SOFTWARE system.  One parameters will be OFF or ON or Enabled or Disabled.  THEN, if ENABLED...there may be other settings as to YES or NO as well as VALUES....such as speed or such.  The Cruise is tricky.  The SAME engine in a 2008 Dynasty and a 2009 Camelot are WIRED DIFFERENTLY by Monaco....so the Cruise setting are NOT the same.  You can't program the 2009 to work like the 2008...as the harnesses and signals are different.  REAL WORLD... Frank modified mine and it SEEMED logical....but it NEVER worked....

Bottom line.  You need to find someone that has the PDF or the PRINTOUT for their MH.  You might have to pay Cummins or someone with Insight to do a DUMP....and give you a PDF.  I have mine.

That's the BASIC DRILL...from a macro standpoint.  Frank MAY have one....but I have NO IDEA how many of these he has.

Have you had it serviced at a Cummins Shop?  Have you had the ECM updated for the latest Software Revisions? IF SO....then there is supposed to be a FILE copy that is kept.

ALSO....when you get the NEW or REFURBISHED....it MAY or MAY NOT have the latest Cummins updates.  They are NUMBERED and DATED.  SO, the shop is SUPPOSED to do the UPGRADES.....so that you have the latest.  Some are window dressing.....only a tech or an Engineer would want such.  BUT, some are CRITICAL.  SO, the tech or shop needs to know the LATEST REV levels (above what is in the ECM). He needs to know if they are critical...as in you many be damaging your engine as the sensors and such have been reprogrammed...or they are non critical.

Hope that helps....

Thanks, Tom. That's a lot of info. But it's exactly why I was asking for a 2001 Diplomat. I want the right program. Maybe I wasn't specific enough by saying "dealer" but it's the local Cummins shop in Bozeman that will flash it if I have the right image.