Jacksonville Florida for the winter?

Kenster

I generally spend the winter in the southwest. A friend has invited me to run over to Jacksonville for the winter. He claims he can get us in to a nice park on the water. All I have heard about Jacksonville is the abundance of bugs, humidity, mold and salt damage. Does anybody have experience spending the winter in Jacksonville Florida? What can I expect.

We live south of Jacksonville in a small beach town called Flagler Beach. During the winter, there are no bugs, no extreme humidity, no mold but you will get salt damage depending on how close you are to the Atlantic Ocean and how long you are there. If you rinse off the coach with fresh water a few times during the winter that will minimize the salt damage.

Home AC's systems that are near the ocean last about 6-7 years on average due to the salt damage.

• Like 1

There are only two good RV Parks to stay at in the Jacksonville area. The Flamingo Lake RV Resort is located NW of Jacksonville on I-10 just west of I-95.The park has a beautiful lake with Lakeside RV sites and is and easy drive to Jacksonville and any attractions. the Park is Big Rig friendly.

The only other park I can recommend is the Kathren Abbey Hanna RV Park. It is huge and is located South and adjacent to the Jacksonville Naval Air Base on the ocean and South of  the port of Jacksonville. It is much closer to all the attractions in the area.

We have stayed at both parks in the past. There are other parks in the area, but not what you would want to stay in any of them.

• Thanks 1