08 HR Scepter BAL Accuslide bulb seal

BAL Accuslide for 08 Scepter. we are replacing the bulb seal that seals the slide when it's closed. Can anyone who has same slide system tell us or send pics of the type of seal (ours is a "p" shaped seal) and where it sits when closed, as in, is it seated on the frame or the sidewall of the RV?

Thanks so much! 

Hi Julie,

I think I know which seal you are talking about, but want to confirm.  Is that the seal that goes on the inside of the flange of the slide and gets compressed when the slide is closed?  Would you look at the other slides and let me know it that same seal is present on the other slides as well.

All four of my slides have that seal. Those seals were supplied by Monaco. So, those seals are not part of the Bal/Accuslide parts list.  The wiper seals that are attached to the coach are Bal/Accuslide seals and have a Bal/Accuslide part number.

Look at the pictures to see if we are talking about the same seal. That is, the flange seal in the pictures and not the wiper seal. I do not have that part number for you, but both of us can look for it, as we have the dimensions for it. We might get lucky with someone else chiming in with a part number.

IMG_2758.jpeg

IMG_2756.jpeg

Edited by Happycarz
Verbiage

Thank you! We found one on from Steele Rubber that will work. We only have a problem with that particular slide because the seal didn't sit on the same area the whole way around. It was sitting on the frame in some places and on the sidewall in others. Seemed like a bad application. Does yours sit evenly all around when closed? And assuming it sits on the frame? Thanks for your help.

Mine seals pretty firmly all around the slide. That same seal is used on all four of my slide. 

For some reason I wasn’t observant that in only 2014 I noticed on the outside coach wall, on the rear black vertical piece, there I’m at supposed to be a smooth trim piece that snaps onto the black aluminum extrusion. This is the vertical piece the bulb seal touches when the slide is closed.  I found the piece on the NOCO BAL/Accuslide website, but never ordered one as the bulb seal was sealing with no water intrusion.