So i have a customer with a 2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer that has there abs light on, i have done a initial inspection looking it over. 1st i found the master cylinder low by almost 2 qts🤦‍♂️ cheched all the fuses, there ok. Looked at the sensors at each wheel, there all in place. Next i located the “connector” labled ABS, its showing me transmission shifter info, my question do these units hav a self test button for the abs, an if so where do i start looking

My 02 Windsor has an ABS Test Button on a small circuit board mounted on the inside wall of the FRB. I had to have that board replaced back in 2011. I don't know where it might be if at all in a 08 HR.

Rik,

What chassis is this.  If it isn't a Roadmaster chassis it will have a different type braking system.  There have been previous posts on these systems so I'd suggest doing a search with the type of chassis. 

Most of the gas bread truck chassis have a less sophisticated ABS.  It may have 4 wheel speed sensors. but it works by releasing the rear brakes. 

You'll need a code reader with the ABS module software to troubleshoot it.  

So i dicovered it is a roadmaster chassis, an the module is a mericor wabco, that whe i open the cabnit, it smells like it let the smoke out, now trying to get info as how to get a self test happening as no one i know has a tester

• Like 1

OK

Look for a ABS diagnostic module that looks like this  https://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/info-only-no-longer-available-repair-info-only-16614041-kib-abs-repair-info-below/

If you can find it there is a procedure to recover fault codes, there is a small black button that you press.  Attached is a revised procedure.  It is important not to initially press the button for more then 2 seconds.

abs_atc_system Monaco Addendum.pdf

• Like 1

So i ended up calling wabco, they gave me a diagram where my power an grounds are. I had 2 of the 3 powers an after all the testing, i have decided since the module will not react to any stimulus, and it smells like it has internally shorted (very strong smell) the testing is over an its now gonna be a new module. Will let you all know after i replace it. ( one final word, the customer finally stated this all happened AFTER the engine was replaced) like if someone jump started it incorrectly or???