Slideout adjustment service tech/shop recommendations

Hello - my 2007 Diplomat 40 SKQ needs to have driver side flush floor slide-out adjusted. In reviewing what is required to complete adjustment - I believe it is above my skill set to do correctly as well as traveling full-time.

Looking for recommendations on shop or tech that could do the work. Currently located in ND; we will be heading south thru Las Vegas/Phoenix areas to Yuma for winter in a week.

I read an older post from Chris T (Talin RV) (2021) on another site being judicious/careful on who does the adjustment work - preferably shop/ tech with a lot of Monaco experience.

I believe he mentioned a shop in Las Vegas area (cant seem to find the post again).  So I am reaching out here - if anyone here has used a shop/ tech our current route of travel.
(ND - St George Utah - Las Vegas - Phoenix - Yuma).

Slide-out does not bind during extension/retraction; however a there's a significant gap on front lower corner running about 1/3 the way back on lower S/O flange when closed (photos attached).  There is also a small gap on right lower corner but it seems to be sealed with the existing bulb seal.  as the slide was smoothly working I had no made it a priority to check on as there were other projects with higher priority to complete.

I am 3rd owner and noted the gap previously a coupe years ago; I had mentioned to a couple of other techs when we were having other work done on coach in the past. They said a double bulb seal would help fix gap on lower flange. However I do not think the seal would actually touch/seal anything.

Reason I am looking into this again - just went thru some 40-45 mph winds while stopped Grand Forks ND area. With slides in - I could feel a large amount of wind/air/dust coming thru inside the coach from that slide-out corner.  

Anyone with an SKQ that could take a photo or two showing how tightly slide-out should fit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for suggestions/recommendations.
Mark

20241008_120012.jpg

20241008_115738.jpg

20241008_115803.jpg

20241008_115550.jpg

20241008_115616.jpg

20241008_115609.jpg

20241006_194118.jpg

14 hours ago, mandms59 said:
Hello - my 2007 Diplomat 40 SKQ needs to have driver side flush floor slide-out adjusted. In reviewing what is required to complete adjustment - I believe it is above my skill set to do correctly as well as traveling full-time.

Looking for recommendations on shop or tech that could do the work. Currently located in ND; we will be heading south thru Las Vegas/Phoenix areas to Yuma for winter in a week.

I read an older post from Chris T (Talin RV) (2021) on another site being judicious/careful on who does the adjustment work - preferably shop/ tech with a lot of Monaco experience.

I believe he mentioned a shop in Las Vegas area (cant seem to find the post again).  So I am reaching out here - if anyone here has used a shop/ tech our current route of travel.
(ND - St George Utah - Las Vegas - Phoenix - Yuma).

Slide-out does not bind during extension/retraction; however a there's a significant gap on front lower corner running about 1/3 the way back on lower S/O flange when closed (photos attached).  There is also a small gap on right lower corner but it seems to be sealed with the existing bulb seal.  as the slide was smoothly working I had no made it a priority to check on as there were other projects with higher priority to complete.

I am 3rd owner and noted the gap previously a coupe years ago; I had mentioned to a couple of other techs when we were having other work done on coach in the past. They said a double bulb seal would help fix gap on lower flange. However I do not think the seal would actually touch/seal anything.

Reason I am looking into this again - just went thru some 40-45 mph winds while stopped Grand Forks ND area. With slides in - I could feel a large amount of wind/air/dust coming thru inside the coach from that slide-out corner.  

Anyone with an SKQ that could take a photo or two showing how tightly slide-out should fit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for suggestions/recommendations.
Mark

20241008_120012.jpg

20241008_115738.jpg

20241008_115803.jpg

20241008_115550.jpg

20241008_115616.jpg

20241008_115609.jpg

20241006_194118.jpg

ASSUMING this is a HYDRAULIC....Richard commented on "OUT OF SYNC".  There is a Balancing Cylinder on every HYDRAULIC SLIDE.  It's purpose to keep the pressures equal so that both cylinders on the slides move at APPROXIMATELY the same rate.  It is a common, or at least we see it often...problem.  When you extend or retract the SLIDE...you hold the BUTTON on for a few seconds...after the slide stops...say the count of 1, 2, 3 ,4 not more than say 5 seconds.  The pitch of the motor will change.  That then purges the air, if any, from the balancing cylinder.  Folks have had to extend and retract the slides, on BOTH SIDES, several times.  BUT eventually, the air is expelled.  It is NOT recommended to do a BLEED ME OUT...  the balance cylinder will do that and the air is expelled back into the reservoir.

NOW...  @throgmartin  I did a search and SLIDE and LAS and VEGAS never appeared in a POST.  I tried LAS and VEGAS...three pages...NO JOY.  Chris, can you recall the shop and post it.

Thanks.

Drop DOWN FLOOR slides are tricky.  The damage here is a bit overwhelming in.  Has the slide been lubed.  NOT ALL SLIDES have lube points...but anytime you have something that looks like two mating part and you can see swiping....LUBE IT...

Good luck...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jdw12345 said:

I would also consider AZExpert down around Mesa Az, he has a YouTube channel and is easily found. He’s helped countless other people with general knowledge and repairs.

Jeff

After posting here... I went back to AZ Expert youtube channel i had bookmarked previously on this subject.

I reviewed his video again and sent him an email yesterday on the slideout issue. As well I did find a couple of Power Gear info TIP sheets on the slideout system.

I will see if he responds.

Thanks

Mark

13 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

ASSUMING this is a HYDRAULIC....Richard commented on "OUT OF SYNC".  There is a Balancing Cylinder on every HYDRAULIC SLIDE.  It's purpose to keep the pressures equal so that both cylinders on the slides move at APPROXIMATELY the same rate.  It is a common, or at least we see it often...problem.  When you extend or retract the SLIDE...you hold the BUTTON on for a few seconds...after the slide stops...say the count of 1, 2, 3 ,4 not more than say 5 seconds.  The pitch of the motor will change.  That then purges the air, if any, from the balancing cylinder.  Folks have had to extend and retract the slides, on BOTH SIDES, several times.  BUT eventually, the air is expelled.  It is NOT recommended to do a BLEED ME OUT...  the balance cylinder will do that and the air is expelled back into the reservoir.

NOW...  @throgmartin  I did a search and SLIDE and LAS and VEGAS never appeared in a POST.  I tried LAS and VEGAS...three pages...NO JOY.  Chris, can you recall the shop and post it.

Thanks.

Drop DOWN FLOOR slides are tricky.  The damage here is a bit overwhelming in.  Has the slide been lubed.  NOT ALL SLIDES have lube points...but anytime you have something that looks like two mating part and you can see swiping....LUBE IT...

Good luck...

Tom

I have figured out with help from another site and person with same model diplomat. I have an electric Power Gear flat floor slideout. I have found a few directly related Power Gear instruction sheets on adjustments for the flat floor slide. As well  as determing how far off drop is between slideout corners.

I do lube the tracks/ gear on the slide routinely. I did notvsee any other obvious lube points on slide.

Thank you for your input.

I have had the same problem with my slide on the passenger side front. I have the x type slide with the chain links that have rollers of which some rollers went missing and the slide has drooped down at the back end and hitting the floor. I am in Oregon now at a shop where 3 men work in that previously worked for Monaco before they went under. These 3 men started a shop 15 years or so ago and are completely familiar with Monaco coaches as they used to build them.

After one day in the shop, my slide will be done today, I found out my Big Boy solenoid is fried and has another to replace. 

after replacing he will find out if the board it works with is working or not. If not, they say they have a solution to wire around it and have everything working properly. They are also looking at my smartwheel and the harness that was put on for the J12 plug.

As far as my auto air leveling system, I will have to remove the panel and send it away to have it repaired, they are not made anymore.

The point I am making here is if you are looking for a shop that will definately fix your problem and not a shop that might be able to help after looking at it,,,,, This is the shop to come to. Elite RV and Restoration in Harrisburg Oregon. Phone # 541 995 4767

642 N 3rd Street Harrisburg, Oregon 97446

It might be a few extra miles,  but for me knowing it is being cared for properly is worth every penny. 

Greg Coffey

2005 Monaco Dynasty

587 998 7792

Calgary, Alberta Canada

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greg Coffey said:

I have had the same problem with my slide on the passenger side front. I have the x type slide with the chain links that have rollers of which some rollers went missing and the slide has drooped down at the back end and hitting the floor. I am in Oregon now at a shop where 3 men work in that previously worked for Monaco before they went under. These 3 men started a shop 15 years or so ago and are completely familiar with Monaco coaches as they used to build them.

After one day in the shop, my slide will be done today, I found out my Big Boy solenoid is fried and has another to replace. 

after replacing he will find out if the board it works with is working or not. If not, they say they have a solution to wire around it and have everything working properly. They are also looking at my smartwheel and the harness that was put on for the J12 plug.

As far as my auto air leveling system, I will have to remove the panel and send it away to have it repaired, they are not made anymore.

The point I am making here is if you are looking for a shop that will definately fix your problem and not a shop that might be able to help after looking at it,,,,, This is the shop to come to. Elite RV and Restoration in Harrisburg Oregon. Phone # 541 995 4767

642 N 3rd Street Harrisburg, Oregon 97446

It might be a few extra miles,  but for me knowing it is being cared for properly is worth every penny. 

Greg Coffey

2005 Monaco Dynasty

587 998 7792

Calgary, Alberta Canada

A COMMENT FOR YOU.

We have the experts HERE for the Big Boy and Board #6 on your Dynasty.  That board is no longer (unless they have a STASH available.  @Frank McElroy and @pwhittle are expert electronics techs.  THEY do this as a hobby.  They can test and repair any of the almost 30 Boards (combined) in the front and rear run bays.  They have all the tools and the programs. They replace the main chip or often find a open circuit on the board. They then repair the board and put on a new chip (this is usually the problem). They then reprogram the board. Often they put on the latest program.  Specifically the Board #6 (rear) is the Big Boy Controller.  That was upgraded and the "parameters" improved....that was done maybe in 2008 or so.

Typically, there is only ONE shop in the US and they are FOUR TIMES (last check) the cost for repairing the board that either of our members.  They do this as HOBBY and their budget does NOT depend on it.  LOL.

They also provide quicker turnaround.  Either can tell you HOW to trouble shoot the board.  I know that they have done that for at least 50 or maybe more members. I can tell you HOW to test the board...  even with a BAD Big Boy. 

ALSO, unless the Big Boy's has a BURNED OUT COIL....it is easy to repair it.  There is a file on how to disassemble and clean the contacts. USUALLY that is all that is needed...again....that means the the COIL must be working OK.  It is maybe a ratio.  For every BIG BOY doesn't WORK on a Dynasty....at least 80% of the TIME....it is the CONTACTS.  We have had newbie members read the file and 30 minutes later...without any special tools, they cleaned the contacts and the Big Boy is STILL working.  I personally know several.

SO...  It is YOUR rig and YOUR $$, but the Big Boy is around $200.  You CAN put in a new one, but SAVE the OLD one and do the refurbishing yourself.  BUT the cost of testing and shipping the board and such can be quite expensive....versus testing yourself and then shipping to one of them.

Just passing this on.  Many members have been grateful that they learned of this...compared to what they had been quoted. 

FWIW..  Temporarily JUMPERING the Battery Banks (positive to positive) with a # Cable will suffice.  Frank and myself and others do that when in storage....just so the Big Boy is NOT ON. 

Good Luck...  You can PM either one....if you so choose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Greg, read your post and you mentioned air ride leveling, if you have the firestone Intelliride air system, all parts are available.

ECU is back in production and DriveRite as all parts needed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, throgmartin said:

The shop in Vegas is called Executive Motorcoach. It is owned by a former Monaco tech - Jeff Gadis.

Chris,

Thanks for information/verification.  I was able to find a post by you on FB site discussing slide-out maintenance and adjustments which listed four companies - Talin/Elite/Elkhart/Executive Motorcoach that you felt had exceptional expertise/knowledge of Monaco and sister brand slide-out operation and repairs. 

From the name I was able to google and find a business card with Jeff's name and company name.  I emailed and called number on card; but have not heard anything back this last week.  From what I can tell on internet the last review comments were in 2021.  when I called number (702-588-4468) it went to voicemail but did not mention the company name or Jeff's in the greeting.  I think he may have retired from the business.

Do you happen to know if he has a different number that I was not able to find?

Again thank you for the information/verification on executive Motorcoach/ Jeff Gaddis.

R/ Mark Meyer