2009 KNIGHT. Water Pump Module Location? EDITED. NO WP Module - 3 Way Switch Configuration

Lawrence Wade
Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

My water pump switches have quit working and coincidentally so has the Tank Test switch.  My research shows that a single "Module" interfaces with the pump switches and the tank test switch AND that the module is located somewhere in the Wet Bay Area & below the floor.  Since this Module is the only common denominator between the two systems I am targeting it as the problem.  Does anyone know the exact location of this Module, I cannot find it?

Lawrence Wade

lawrencewade@earthlnk.net

941-773-8904

• Solution
5 hours ago, Lawrence Wade said:

My water pump switches have quit working and coincidentally so has the Tank Test switch.  My research shows that a single "Module" interfaces with the pump switches and the tank test switch AND that the module is located somewhere in the Wet Bay Area & below the floor.  Since this Module is the only common denominator between the two systems I am targeting it as the problem.  Does anyone know the exact location of this Module, I cannot find it?

Lawrence Wade

lawrencewade@earthlnk.net

941-773-8904

@Lawrence Wade

GREAT INFO ABOVE.  Your 2009 DOES NOT WORK THIS WAY.

Water Pump.  See the PRINT.  You do NOT have an Intellitec Controller.  YES, the majority of Monaco's, that are NOT DYNASTY nor the LATER Camelots (2008 and above) DO NOT HAVE ONE EITHER.  They are controlled by the INTELLITEC MPX System...and THEY do NOT have the Water Pump Controller.

Your's is more BASIC.  It only have TWO SWITCHES.  It is like a THREE WAY LIGHT SWITCH.  SO....you HAVE NO CONTROLLER. 

It is BEST to consult the prints....and the NEW TOPIC guidelines ASSUME that you have downloaded the PRINTS and THEN gone through them.

I pulled them.  YES.  This is an UNUSUAL Circuit.  BUT IT ELEMENTARY.  If you are NOT "UP" on circuits.  Google a THREE WAY LIGHT SWITCH CIRCUIT.  That is exactly what you have....

BUT....did you CHECK THE FUSE in the Fuse BOX?  ODDS ARE....FUSE 14 (10 AMP) is BLOWN.  A common occurrence.  Monaco tech SUPPORT told folks when the Water Pump BLOWS or REPEATEDLY BLOWS the fuse...  Increase it to 15 Amps.  This was common in the 2008 and up.  The WIRE size for the circuit is #12.  Even if it as #14, then it would be SAFE to use a 15 Amp fuse.  BUT, since it is #12....THAT is DEFINITELY OK.

My recommendation.  Replace the FUSE.  IF IT BLOWS....then go up to 15 AMP.  BUT STOP THERE.  If there is a 12.5A, that would be the best...but I do NOT know the type or the "SIZE" of your fuses.  You can identify the by the size.  Then look at a chart.  There MAY be a 12.5A...

FWIW, I also pulled the TANK Monitor wiring....BUT NOW that I pulled the HOUSE FUSE Panel....BLOWN FUSE.

If you have NOT downloaded the prints....here they are.....

Let us know.

WATER PUMP CIRCUIT 2009 KNIGHT.pdf 2009 NEPTUNE HOUSE MAIN PANEL 12 VDC.pdf TANK DRAWING 2009 TANK LAYOUT WIRING.pdf

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2009 KNIGHT. Water Pump Module Location? EDITED. NO WP Module - 3 Way Switch Configuration
4 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

In my 2006 Dip, it’s on the right side of the wet bay, behind the panel about 3/4 of the way up the wall.  In my coach there’s a black access panel you can remove to get to it without removing the entire wet bay panel. 

IMG_0219.thumb.jpeg.8b404283722b5b9257628c02f23e76b2.jpeg

IMG_4237.thumb.jpeg.2e0763bb02a1fde19c50ccb796ec468a.jpeg

That looks like my '05 Ambassador water Bay but sadly I don't have a latching switch I just have two-way switch and it's very annoying sometimes.

I have a 2009 monaco knight 41skq and the locking switch was in the upper right hand side of the wet bay behind my water filter. It was not screwed or attached to the wall so it may have been changed previously.