Fixing Damage

Well, I knew it would happen, I was hoping not so soon. I have owned my 2005 Diplomat 40PDQ since Sept 24. Yesterday while moving it around I caught the edge of my house and damaged a 6”-8” section of the side right below the Awning.

What would you suggest I do to repair/minimize any further damage? TIA

IMG_20241014_133844473.jpg

IMG_20241014_133904938.jpg

• Sad 2

If that gash is in fiberglass and there is no puncturing, you don't need to do anything.

Will require sanding, body filler, sanding, cleaning, masking, priming, painting, clear coat.

the Gutter can be banged out with body tools.  I did same this summer backing up and clocked my gutter.  Not quite as mangled as yours, but fixed in about an hour.  No one knows now 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Might take an hour on each.  I'd try buffing the fiberglass, it will easily be 90% better with an hours work, maybe five minutes?  The gutter is thin aluminum, if you're handy with a hammer and a couple blocks of wood, it will be NEARLY invisible with a little work.  If you're not handy, get somebody to straighten it out if it matters to you, don't end up like this:  

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, DavidL said:

If that gash is in fiberglass and there is no puncturing, you don't need to do anything.

Will require sanding, body filler, sanding, cleaning, masking, priming, painting, clear coat.

the Gutter can be banged out with body tools.  I did same this summer backing up and clocked my gutter.  Not quite as mangled as yours, but fixed in about an hour.  No one knows now 🙂

Ha, we ALL know now. 🤣🤣🤣😉

15 hours ago, SteveHebe said:

Well, I knew it would happen, I was hoping not so soon. I have owned my 2005 Diplomat 40PDQ since Sept 24. Yesterday while moving it around I caught the edge of my house and damaged a 6”-8” section of the side right below the Awning.

What would you suggest I do to repair/minimize any further damage? TIA

IMG_20241014_133844473.jpg

IMG_20241014_133904938.jpg

Sorry to hear that, but it could've been worse.
Fortunately, it's all in one color, so it should be pretty simple for a good body shop to repair.

Be careful when maneuvering around obstacles, a lookout with a radio or phone can be very helpful.

• Haha 1