Blown airbag and opposite side will not air up.

Chad A

2003 signature. I searched for a couple hours but couldn’t find what I was looking for. 

I went out to the coach today to change the PTO gasket. I fired it up and got the compressor full of air, it has been sitting for about 2 months in the driveway. I started raising the coach and noticed that I could not get the thing up and level. 

I got out and heard hissing, the passenger side rear most forward airbag was leaking a lot of air, bag is blown. I could continue to pump air into that side of the system and the other 2 bags lifted that side high enough to get it cribbed. 

The problem now is that the bags on the driver side rear are completely empty and will not inflate at all. Does this have anything to do with my blown passenger side bag or is it completely unrelated and coincidental?

I slept some time underneath of there but I could not tell what was what under there. I have looked at the diagrams but there are air hoses and valves all over under there. 

Any idea where to start on the drivers side? I will be replacing all 10 bags. 

Thank you

I had the same issue. I purchased an empty pump spray bottle at Home Depot. Mixed dish detergent and water. These spray bottles have the adjustable nozzle so I was able to make it spray up higher then  I could reach. Every air connection starting at the tanks. Then  Every hose  connection I could find. I found two hose leaks and one air bag with a pinhole. I replaced the push to connect fitting and the one hose that was leaking I cut the hose back and reinserted it back into the connector and has been fine since. 

The left and right side bags have independent air sources through the sixpack. They can get air through travel valve or raise valve. Not sure what you already tried but if it does not come up in travel mode, try the raise button, side or rear or the whole coach up-buttons. If one of those ways works, it will tell you which valve may need attention if there is no leak as you mentioned.

Most of the time it's not the actual air bag that leaks but the hose or one of the fittings.  And even when the air bag is leaking it will still inflate.  

The 6 pack air solenoids will need new o-rings.  They have 3 o-rings each and you have one front and one rear six pack. It helps to have a pin wrench and cannon plug pliers.  

You may also have one or more air solenoids that are bad.

Anyone that has worked on semi truck air suspension can probably help you.

Good luck!

The passenger side airbag is blown out for sure. I could put my finger on the leak. 

I will have to investigate the 6 pack. It was working completely fine the last time I used it. 

I have tried manual up on both the back and the side for the driver side. I will try travel mode next. 

Thank you

You can pre-purchase the o-rings needed. Mike Canter suggests you use Dupont Viton o-rings. The internal o-ring is a -019 size, the large one on the bottom is a -028 and the small one on the bottom is a -015.
Then remove the 6-pack valves in both front and rear and rebuild them. Label all wires and air lines. If you have long arms or something comfortable to sit on you can rebuild each air solenoid in place.  It will help to have a special "pin wrench" tool and cannon plug pliers to get the valves apart.